Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Manufacturers Hybrid Battery Warranty

Shocking!

I know the US government imposed the American warranty on Lexus , but for crying out loud, why are the rest of us not demanding equal treatment?

I would not buy one of these new unless they also granted me the same. Not a chance. If everyone did the same we would all have a 10 year/ 100k guarantee.

• Like 1

I have had 190,000 trouble free miles motoring from mine, great performance, economy and reasonable RFL.Used to be congestion charge exempt but that perk has gone. One set of disc pads is about all, oh apart from rear calipers changed under warranty which I feel could have been freed up. Cheapest and nicest car I have ever owned. That's why !!

Fair comment, I always thought the battery's needed replacing after 5 years or so at a horrendous price ,is this not so ? Perhaps I and a few other owners need educating on these hybrid vehicles, sounds like they are not so bad eh! You put me in my place anyway......

Allan

Sorry Allan, didn't mean to be stroppy, just protective of a awesome machine. Still make me grin every day afterall those miles. These batteries are no bother, they will even still warranty mine after a free hybrid health check. The only new Battery mine has had is in the key.

Hi tony, no worries , what car is it ? How old is it ?It's listening to that prat clarkson makes us ignorant of what the technology can offer these days , not many cars can reach that many miles with no probs, glad you love it so much cos' that's what a good reliable car deserves....

Allan

Mlne is a 2006 GS450h SE L as seen in my picture from my bedroom windows (not a townie me)

Another brilliant feature of a hybrid is no emission test for MOT, surprising how much peace of mind that gives having just watched a diesel revving its nuts off trying to get down to a pass level.

The only downside is a whine from the CVT, when you request acceleration it revs the petrol engine to max output and adjusts the ratio to suit, doesn't sound good but means the car flies.

Thanks Tony for replying, a guy came into my work today with the exact same car, dark blue on a 58 plate so we got chatting about his car, between yourself and this other guy you have sold me on the benefits of hybrids , he could not praise his car enough. ...telling me he would never consider any other car now !!! So there you go, from a smart alec reply from me to liking the 450 in a few words.....might put it on my next car to get.....all the best , Allan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links