Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

A couple of times I have had this warning appear on my dash as well as the audio proximity alert. I wasn't going that fast as I was driving through town in traffic but I guess it part of the pre-collision warning. There was no danger of me hitting anyone else so was wondering if this normally happens every so often for anyone else?

How does the pre crash thing work anyway , do you have to have the radar activated on cruise

I didn't have the radar on...it just flashed up the message. Was a bit strange but it has happened a couple of times before. Might have to read through the manual to see why it happened.

Wierd mate maybe the sensor is dirty , I think it's behind the front grill

Will have a look tomorrow. Can the grill just be taken off easily? I haven't ever had to mess with it before.

Thanks for the advice David..much appreciated.

Wierd mate maybe the sensor is dirty , I think it's behind the front grill

Will have a look tomorrow. Can the grill just be taken off easily? I haven't ever had to mess with it before.

Thanks for the advice David..much appreciated.

I dunno mate , prob get access from the top taking the plastic engine covers off .my parking sensors didn't work when I got my car home after I bought it , 3 hrs drive so wasn't easy to drive back lol.when I researched them it said they will be dirty , so I went mad with my pressure washer and the worked lol.just a thought mate .

I've had mine go off a few times. Most of the time because I brake late, but sometimes it will activate if you are on a bend and it doesn't realize the car in front is turning away. It doesn't happen often and I find it a great safety feature. If yours is really going off when there is nothing in front of you, then definitely you need the radar checked (and try not to use adaptive cruise control).

I've had mine go off a few times too; it will especially do it when I start to accelerate to overtake the car in front as I'm waiting for oncoming traffic to pass - if I get a bit close before pulling out, the F shouts at me! It's also done it in traffic as well.

There's nothing wrong with your sensor mate, it's supposed to work like that.

Thanks guys...at least I know that my car is doing the right thing.

Every time it has gone off I have either had a car ahead of me that has stopped at lights but quite some distance in front and no real danger of hitting the back or when I have overtaken a car on the motorway.

Maybe I should be a bit more careful from now on :whistling:

Hi Andy,

Like others have already said, mine has gone off a couple of times as well.

Normally when I am waiting to overtake a slower moving car in front, or as I am going around another car on a bend.

As you'll notice from the cruise control, the radar is set quite far back from the car in front (at least 5 car lengths from what I can see).

It's probably a similar story with the pre-collision system mate. :)

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Cheers.

Peter :)

Hi Andy,

Like others have already said, mine has gone off a couple of times as well.

Normally when I am waiting to overtake a slower moving car in front, or as I am going around another car on a bend.

As you'll notice from the cruise control, the radar is set quite far back from the car in front (at least 5 car lengths from what I can see).

It's probably a similar story with the pre-collision system mate. :)

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Cheers.

Peter :)

Thanks Peter...appreciated.

Clearly you are all hooligans!

I know I am..maybe not as much as when I first got it but every now and then when the mood takes me who can resist that noise.

Ahem not only did mine shout at me it puts the brakes on and tightens the seatbelts

When does it do this .when it's in cruise or just normal driving

Its part of the Pre Collision System If the car thinks a crash is coming it will brake and tighten the seatbelts. I assume that it's unlikely to happen when radar cruise is on...more likely when its just in normal driving mode.

Ahem not only did mine shout at me it puts the brakes on and tightens the seatbelts

When does it do this .when it's in cruise or just normal driving

Its part of the Pre Collision System If the car thinks a crash is coming it will brake and tighten the seatbelts. I assume that it's unlikely to happen when radar cruise is on...more likely when its just in normal driving mode.

Cheers for that mate

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links