Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Led Rear Bumper Reflectors Installed

Hey Guys,

Managed to get my LED reflectors fitted and wired up today. :)

The lights are duel function, in the sense they work as additional brake lights, but also stay lit when the lights are on. If you brake when it's dark, they get brighter to show you are braking.

Thanks to my lovely wife, here's some shots I took at dusk, and once it got dark. :)

Really nice detail these. Enjoy!

22d4c6c13c42fc1e5d0c1cde5e2d3c77_zps5fe4

f62202515f23fbb2a3d0f3ea4c011f80_zpscb6a

1c65a80dfedd994ecdff8ea938ce15c9_zps9e63

572ae3fd24bbfeca773eec441afcfa83_zpse78f

b6d8959ee4dad9510c978c49b700310d_zps2e4f

6b7830a70f7bfbd4cc26e8a8aaf41d59_zps2bd2

d6c9d69088490dfeab5746b64b0f09d0_zpsa03f

642d307b4fca27965c07a3a9cdeeaa8c_zps4a58

971786d233449b80c5b2c0e0bbff3869_zps5fdf

70ae2828f4e322063499e65cbf58a822_zps586d

Lol, cheers guys. :)

Mine were from the States David. I found them on eBay, and got my good buddy in Houston to buy them for me. :)

He shipped them over with some of my other goodies. ;)

Just my real carbon pillar trims and illuminated door sills to go! Lol.

• 4 months later...

Hi John,

I followed this guide from our US brethren! ;)

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads/697072-lol-m3-2012-isf-build-8.html#post8325748

Unless you're handy with wiring, I suggest you find a local ICE shop to do the splicing for you. I used some really nice guys near me who only charged £20 for the job. They also taped everything up, shortened everything etc.

The rear bumper is quite easy to remove. Just make sure you have a soft cloth, rug, sheet etc underneath to avoid scratching it. You have two screws in the arches, two under the colour coded covers in top, two underneath near the tires. There's also two plugs underneath to pry out. These were quite tricky to remove, mainly due to road grime, dirt etc build up.

Give me a shout if you need any help chap. :)

Important also to remember your rear bumper parking sensors are all wired up inside the bumper. You do get some slack, but you'll see a grommet holding a harness. Pop out the harness to allow you to rest the bumper on the ground.

Best of luck! :)

Many thanks, not sire when I'm fitting them but your bumper removal guide is very helpful and the wiring info on the other side is ideal!

Thanks again will post a photo when done :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got them installed, was brave enough to remove bumper... Got the smoked version looks good against the white car... Comments welcome!

Ps where can I get my tail lights smoked somewhere around west Lothian Edinburgh etc area or in Scotland? :)

post-51490-0-64162800-1413219182_thumb.j

post-51490-0-26779200-1413219194_thumb.j

post-51490-0-68181900-1413219205_thumb.j

Looking good John! :)

Nice job!

What's up with the sorry looking red wreck in the pictures? Is that an MG of some description?!

Looking very sorry for itself! ;)

Glad you got them fitted ok chap. Presume the wiring worked ok as they are clearly working! ;)

Ahh thanks yea the wiring was spot on ! Thanks again...

The red car is aN MGZT 180 its my pals who helped me fit the less its currently being serviced and the bumpers off for the oil cooler and other stuff I believe, also gunged up with foost in the coolant department... Work in progress for him with my help.

Thanks again for the links.

Ahh thanks yea the wiring was spot on ! Thanks again...

The red car is aN MGZT 180 its my pals who helped me fit the less its currently being serviced and the bumpers off for the oil cooler and other stuff I believe, also gunged up with foost in the coolant department... Work in progress for him with my help.

Thanks again for the links.

You're more than welcome John. :)

Glad it all went ok mate.

Hope you find someone to do your tinting.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links