Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F Sport Wheels

Is anyone else finding the F-Sport wheels incredibly easy to Kerb or is it just my wife!!!

she's on a wheel per month so far... i'm waiting til she's done the set before i get them sorted out. (I may even go for a complete colour change to black.)

Andy

I'm afraid they are very easily marked. They look fantastic when new and shiny, I'm not sure how they will survive the passage of time. To make it even worse there is no colour coding, it's down to the repairerto get the colour mix and number of coats right. Doing them all is a good idea, I had my car on jacks for a few days while they were done. Luckily I bought the insurance when I got the car....

Not exactly the wheels fault. Poor parking skills and going too close to the kerb. The trick to not kerbing your wheels - dont park too close to the kerb and once parked, dont keep moving the car closer and closer to the kerb. Its usually the extra maneuvering which causes the wheels to clip.

I just put the car in a space and leave it there. one shot is all it takes at parking.

Not exactly the wheels fault. Poor parking skills and going too close to the kerb. The trick to not kerbing your wheels - dont park too close to the kerb and once parked, dont keep moving the car closer and closer to the kerb. Its usually the extra maneuvering which causes the wheels to clip.

I just put the car in a space and leave it there. one shot is all it takes at parking.

I'll let you tell her that! she is however a qualified boxing/kick-boxing instructor!

I agree and hold my hands up to kerbing through poor parking. I have also picked up a couple of stone chips in the body of the wheel, something I've never had before - or possibly not noticed on other "normal" alloys. I still love 'em though, especially when clean!

These wheels look great in the showroom but after that it's all downhill. I have the SE and part of the reason in buying this model plus extras was the wheels. Mine has 17 inch plus a bead on the tyre. 10 months and still perfect rims.

I'll let you tell her that! she is however a qualified boxing/kick-boxing instructor!

That was a joke, its usually not the parking skills but more about moving in and out and trying to tuck the car in. Thats usually when the wheels scrape the kerb so now I just move ind leave it even if the car is 10-20cm away from the kerb.

Is anyone else finding the F-Sport wheels incredibly easy to Kerb or is it just my wife!!!

she's on a wheel per month so far... i'm waiting til she's done the set before i get them sorted out. (I may even go for a complete colour change to black.)

Andy

Ugh. YES! I am so f**king careful when parking... yet somehow, last week, I managed to practically "fall down" the kerb with my passenger front wheel. Wasn't your typical reverse into kerb jobby, so I've forgiven myself a little... but it still left me with 3 or 4 of these odd little scratch/chunks missing.

They're anodised alloys, right?

Andy

Ugh. YES! I am so f**king careful when parking... yet somehow, last week, I managed to practically "fall down" the kerb with my passenger front wheel. Wasn't your typical reverse into kerb jobby, so I've forgiven myself a little... but it still left me with 3 or 4 of these odd little scratch/chunks missing.

They're anodised alloys, right?

Apparently theyre powder coated. Im so bloody careful when going onto or off of a kerb. BTW just to let you know, I had a quote from my dealer - £85 + VAT per wheel. And if you do one wheel, you have to do both on that side because they cant match the colour exactly. Service manager told me this himself.

Ah, actually that's not as bad as I thought. Local company took one look and said they couldn't sort it out.

Cheers for the info, mate. I think I'll drag the driver side wheel along a high kerb before I take a drive to Lexus... if it has to be a pair, I'll get my moneys worth.. heh.

I think 85 + vat is taking the p*ss especially if they've supplied a wheel that they can't colour match themselves.

That's why I'm considering changing them all to matt black... That way it won't be so bad to get repainted and secondly in the standard finish they are covered in brake dust writhing about 20 miles and look grey anyway..

Oh and btw.... If you have f-sport white don't bank on repairing any stone chips.

Despite the vehicle being out for a year they still haven't produced a touch up pen.

Local dealer suggestion for one stone chip was to repaint the whole bonnet!!!

I think 85 + vat is taking the p*ss especially if they've supplied a wheel that they can't colour match themselves.

That's why I'm considering changing them all to matt black... That way it won't be so bad to get repainted and secondly in the standard finish they are covered in brake dust writhing about 20 miles and look grey anyway..

Oh and btw.... If you have f-sport white don't bank on repairing any stone chips.

Despite the vehicle being out for a year they still haven't produced a touch up pen.

Do not quite understand that dealer comment as I am still using my touch up kit from my IS250. Same shade of white.

Do not quite understand that dealer comment as I am still using my touch up kit from my IS250. Same shade of white.

F Sport white is different to the arctic pearl. Looks whiter compared to the elegant ivory look of the arctic pearl in sunlight! And BTW, the F Sport white touch up pen is available over in the states.

I think I might have a word with the dealer saying £120 for both wheels doing. One wheel has no damage on it at all so paying £85 + VAT for that wheel is stupid.

When I bought my F-sports last year I made a point of asking for a touch up pen and they gave me one for free used it once so far

The RX450h wasnt available in F Sport white last year. Yours is most likely the same colour as mine - Arctic pearl!

My mistake but it is still looks fantastic when clean and polished lol took me 5 hours last Sunday need to clay balm it and see how it comes up (results wise )

Dont worry, arctic pearl looks better than F Sport white imo anyway. Much more elegant compared to the plain F Sport white. Doesnt shine as well even though its got glass flakes in it.

Mine need a good polish - nothing in terms of defects, just minor swirls. Going to do a full decontamination, polish with DA and protection in the summer!

• Like 1

My mistake but it is still looks fantastic when clean and polished lol took me 5 hours last Sunday need to clay balm it and see how it comes up (results wise )

Dont worry, arctic pearl looks better than F Sport white imo anyway. Much more elegant compared to the plain F Sport white. Doesnt shine as well even though its got glass flakes in it.

Mine need a good polish - nothing in terms of defects, just minor swirls. Going to do a full decontamination, polish with DA and protection in the summer!

Are you sure your looking at the right colour... my is300h in Fsport white is pearlescent and in the sunlight looks fantastic.. its by no means a plain white..

Is DA and protection a company or products I am trying to find a good local detailer my last car I paid £150 to have it detailed by a local company and when I went to pick it up after he rang me to say he had finished I went round it was filthy inside and out after a few words found he had employed a mobile valet to wash it for him was not a happy chappy.so any recommendations please let me know regards peter.

Are you sure your looking at the right colour... my is300h in Fsport white is pearlescent and in the sunlight looks fantastic.. its by no means a plain white..

Yes mate F Sport white is the one. I havent seen it shine as well as the Arctic pearl, even in the showroom, the arctic pearl seems to have more depth.

And a DA is a Dual Action polisher, decontamination means removing tar spots, iron particles and using a clay bar to remove tree sap and the like. Protection is the stage where you slap on a wax/sealant to protect the paint.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links