Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone been brave enough to fit a remote start to a MK4 LS400 ?

I have fitted a few in the past but they have all been to cars with no immobilisers (jap imports)

Just thinking for when the summer actually hits I want to make sure that the car is cool inside and the leather seats don't actually burn my arse off !!!

There are some that you can link your smart phone to the car system, and from there you can start engine, lights, stereo, air con etc.

But they cost stupid money.

Operating a vehicle remotely personally I think is asking for trouble. And don't forget what the insurance company will say when you tell them, because you will have to as it is a modification and it could render insurance null if they find out after the fact. (happened to a mate on his motorcycle, lost 10k bike and insurance was nulled due to not aware of modification), remember insurance look for any way to get out of paying up.

Even opening the windows means you have to stay within sight of it, or little slippy fingers may spot an opportunity and that is how most car crimes are committed anyway, opportunistic.

I had a golf that my brother put remote start on, but you couldn't drive it off without the key being in the ignition which was a good thing

Yeah you have to have the handbrake engaged the windows up and the car must be locked before it will start and then if someone manages to get into the car without setting the alarm off which disables the engine then the second they put their foot on the brake the engine cuts out and the doors dead lock !!!

Well that was the system that I had on my Toyota Sera

I was after PKE for my LS400 too which is Passive Keyless Entry basically what the LS430 has

I used to work for a company fitting alarms, and we did a few remote start versions. Insurance companies don't like them at all, and I'd be surprised if they allow them. This is stupid as they still are fully armed when running.

They all differ, but the Viper remote start system we fitted to a friends car was superb. Even after you start the engine via the remote, the car is still fully armed, so the moment they try anything the engine cuts out immediately. It was still a category 1 system too, and you can set the timer for however long you want to run the engine for (12, 20, 30, 60 minutes etc).

I'd recommend them, just don't tell your (spoilsport) insurance. ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links