Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Rear Tyres

Just for information i have ordered 2 rear Bridgestones this morning from Camskills supplied and delivered £332.78. Local tyre depot charge £15 for balancing and fitting each tyre.

That seems a very good price.

I know it's a recurring topic and I have no reason to be dissatisfied with the bridgestones I currently have on, however I'm going to be replacing them soon and I wondered if anyone had any comments as to what they feel are the best tyres for our cars, as I've not run something that required this spec tyre before?

Thanks

Jon

I've run bridgestones, michelin pilot super sports, and currently got goodyear eagle f1 as symmetric 2.

Have to admit michelin tyres were leagues ahead, down right grip is phenomenal! Even in wet. However when cold they don't perform well. They need to be warmed up and that's when they really shine. Having said that the goodyears I've currently got need warming up to, not quite as much but they do. Goodyears perform brilliantly in wet, but dry performance is not good, always losing grip round corners. Goodyears are softer tyre hence better ride comfort and quieter, however the michelins will certainly outlast them so can cover more miles.

Only reason I changed to goodyears was because I wanted to try them out as I've heard good things about them, if given the chance I would certainly change back to michelins! Just a better tyre overall and not much more expensive

Good price mate .im well happy with my bridgstones .to be honest I never ever drive fast or corner hard in the wet or dry to be honest so I wouldn't notice and loss off grip I suppose , I think you would have to drive the isf hard to test out what tyres are better or worse , there too bloody expensive to be ragging around lol .i want my tyres and brakes to last a long time .

I've just changed all 4 on mine to Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's.

Got them in the same sizes as OEM.

Rears were £321.80 for the pair, fronts were £356.60.

Got them from www.mytyres.co.uk

Haven't had much opportunity to use them so far, but initial impressions were very good.

Less noisy than the Bridgestone's they replaced.

Vredestein's have received lots of positive reviews from all different owners clubs. We use them on the Supra a lot, as they represent good value for money.

I don't think there is a huge amount of difference between the main names in terms of performance, wear rate, noise etc.

Just a case of trying a few until you find something you are happy with. :)

Thanks for all your comments. I`ve used MY tyres for winter tyres for my Vito and I bought my front ISF Bridgestones from Love tyres last year. Reason I bought Bridgestones again were so they all matched, and were original equipment.I also wanted the rim protector on the tyres even though I know it won`t stop the wife destroying my alloys, but I think the tyres look better for having them.

I`m not sure I drive hard enough to notice the difference with different tyres but I know that my current rears were just down to the markers at 26K miles and the rear is very loose..

The Vredstein's have the rim protection ridge as well.

Good looking tread pattern design as well.

If you haven't done so already, highly recommend inflating your tires with nitrogen as opposed to normal air.

A few of us have done this already, and it does feel better in my opinion.

I went to my local Kwik Fit to have mine done (£1.50 per tire), but I know quite a few dealerships have this facility as well.

We are running 40PSI all round.

when driving slow there is little to no difference in tyres so why not just get the cheapest possible tyres? The whole point in tyres is to make the car safe, comfortable and efficient. After all of that power and engineering the only thing delivering it to the ground will be a small contact point from tyres.

If you were to get in a tricky situation i believe in having the best possible tyres on my car so to escape the situation. For me it's knowing that if i wanted to go around a corner fast or do some maneuver that would stretch my car to the limits i have the right tyres to see me through safely :D not that i go around corners fast all the time but if i wanted to i could without hassle :D

That being said all tyres have their pros and cons, its just about getting the best one that suits your needs, that is the best tyre to go for!

Bridgestones are known for being poor in the wet and over priced but tyres seem to be a personal choice. I like vredestien uktrac sessantas for grip, price and reduced sound. Some like eagle f1, some like Toyo etc.

What ever makes folks happy.

Stu

I'm a fan of the Uniroyal Rainsports. Excellent in the wet and up there in the dry. A lot of people didn't like them as the walls are a little softer than the other brands, but I preferred it as I gives greater flexibility on the limit, and besides who likes a crashy ride?

That said, I haven't tried them on the ISF yet. I will have to look into whether they have the right sizes.

I hear nothing but good things about the Vredesteins.

Neil

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links