Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi, I'm new to this forum having just bought a 2002 GS 300.

It's a car that I've wanted for the past 10 years.

My question is, I've the Levinson stereo and I don't want to change it, it's fantastic, but I find the 6 cd changer very limiting as I'm used to having all my music on a memory stick and plugging that in. Is there any way I can somehow marry the two together, for instance, are there any aux connections anywhere?

If anyone has done something similar I would love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance.

Tony.

post-50563-0-26536000-1403125561_thumb.j

I believe there are many after market cable adaptors that use the CD input so you can play USB and iPod but it disables the CD changer

Do you remember those cassette adapters that you could connect a cd walkman to then place on your dashboard (and skip about over every bump)? I found one on eBay and thought I could plug in my mp3 player. Hopefully a simple solution. Just waiting for it to arrive.

• 3 weeks later...

There are various commercial solutions but most are quite pricey in my opinion. I remember reading a post on the US Lexus forum about a DIY mod that involved creating an iPod/iPhone interface but I can't seem to find it at the moment. I do remember thinking that it was pretty complex and required a level of electrical ability that was well beyond my confidence level (which is pretty low)! If you can afford it, and you are wanting to keep the car long term, I'd get a professional solution done.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links