Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Morning chaps

Drove the lexus to work this morning and parked in the underground car park

Popped back down after about 3 hours and noticed a puddle beneath the car.

Never noticed this before.

Upon inspection the water seems to be clean, not coolant, oil based or washer fluid

My first thought was condensation from the air con?

Started her up and backed up slightly and drips began again within a few minutes so I peered beneath and found the source to be what I can only describe as a small rubber pipe housed inside a metal tray which runs parallel to the exhaust on both sides of the car approximately beneath the front seats.

Are my air con condensation suspicions reasonable or could the problem be more sinister, can't think of another cause of clean water being produced and dispelled?

It could be from the air con, mine leaves the ocaisional whoopsie on the floor after the car is left, only happens after a decent run though.

• Like 1

In the recent hot humid weather this week I have several times told by helpful people in the tourist car parks my car has a water leak, it's the air con condensation draining.......do not worry about it, it just means your AC is better than theirs! :)

• Like 1

I was driving a brand new Mercedes truck a couple of weeks ago which I was keeping a very close eye on, after parking the truck I was told by one of my workmates that I had a water leak, there was quite a bit of water under the vehicle , when I tasted it I was re- assured that it was the air con...

Allan

Strangely my GS450h did this only once about 3 weeks ago, first time I have seen it in 200K and not again since, did have its 1st air con service after this in case but no difference, always has been and still is ice cold. Given up trying to explain it but often wondered why it doesn't leave a puddle. Quality motor!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links