Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Couple Of Issues, Probably Faq's But Can't Find Them

Hi,
My RX300 has suspension issues in that it sits high of it's own accord and I can't get it to go down then, days/weeks later, it does so of it's own accord but, when it's miss behaving, there's a constant sort of click-te-click-te-click on start up then the light flashes and it stays high?

Also, what is the little green airbag looking light that flashes near the bottom of the suspension setting display, I can't find it in the book?

I'm a newbie so don't hurt me!.. ;-)

Thanks,

Alan.

OK, in light of no responses, I've spent some time looking around and it appears that I have the same problem as many others have experienced but, I'm determined not to spend a kings ransom to get it fixed/replaced by Lexus. SO, I'm now looking to see if the compressor can be overhauled by/with a kit as given it's a compressor, it's all about seals!

Has anybody else here tried this and if so, can you guide me to where I can purchase the requisite kit to overhaul myself?

The fall back it to install a switch to switch the compressor off when in low mode as it hasn't been off road since we've had it. I intend to use one of the blanks on the dash for the switch but, have yet to investigate; alternatively, hide the switch.

It's up and down like a whores drawers and when it's up, it's awful but, when it's down, it's great so, any views/opinions/comments or warnings on any of the above, please?

Cheers,

Alan.

Hmm,

looks like I may have joined the wrong club or, asked the wrong questions as 166 views and the only reply was my own, not a great new users experience when I'm seeing later posts getting in excess of 2,500 views and responses in abundance.

Disappointing :doggy:

Maybe because nobody knows ! People don't want to give the wrong advice/thoughts regarding something as complex as the air suspension ! All I can say if it is buggered , you wallet might be to , unless you are handy with the spanners ;-)

Jon

Sorry, I'll answer...........I don't know, my RX has not got air suspension.

There you go, hope that was helpful :whistling:

Don't take it to heart if you ask a technical query and get no answers, Lexus are famously reliable (as you know) so there can be a lack of knowledge regading some faults.

Now join a Mercedes Forum and you'll get tens of answers (usually all different) to the same question, just saying.

Thinking about it, your probably better asking more technical questions on the US Forums as they seem to be into fixing thier steeds themselves more so than this side of the pond, they are always decoking/oil changing/auto box flushing/wittling on the porch or whatever ;)

Thinking about it, your probably better asking more technical questions on the US Forums as they seem to be into fixing thier steeds themselves more so than this side of the pond, they are always decoking/oil changing/auto box flushing/wittling on the porch or whatever ;)

and a much greater number of vehicles sold so more likely to come across somebody who has had the same issue.

If the compressor has gone beyond repair then it's either Lexus only or as I write the only advertised 2nd hand I can find on eBay is £800 part only.

It's then off to the 2nd hand parts sites to see what you can find.

Guess no one wants to be the bearer of potentially bad news.

If you find a solution don't forget to post so we can all share the result.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links