Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The IS200/Altezza DRIFT Car........

Monster-Mat

Speak of the devil my altezza LSD has just turned up!

Did they do the rear screen aswell?

Its gonna be awesome when it is finally finished. id love to have the time n money to do all that!!!!

do your know how many studs the propshaft has to connect to the diff on a normal is200?

i thought it was 3. i cant check coz my cars away at the spray shop. but this altezza LSD has 4.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are 4 bolts that hold the prop to the inlet of the differential casing

FYI a KAAS LSD 1.5 WAY will set you back approx $900

a TRD is slightly more and the one i hopefully will be getting the ATS 2 WAY is more again, by a little bit

i have retained the rear screen and front screen, as they are very light anyway.rear screen possibly....2kg, and the windscreen....approx 3kg

the replacemet plexiglass i cut myself, i just ordered 4 sheets of the stuff, cost me approx £50

the output shaft flanges should have 6/8 bolt holes not 4, 4 is a European differential, with the cooling fins underneath.

your IS200 will have 4 bolt holes on the output flanges

well this "LSD" has definatly got for holes!

I just read through this whole post......................WOW

i guess you must be pretty bored of all this praise! but i was feelin excited just readin through it all. i cant wait to see it in action.

interesting loosing 35Kg? on the A/C. might be doing that.

would you also gain power due to less weight/strain on the flywheel/engine?

why did you have you bolt the plexi glass in on the side windows? could you not just feed it onto the runners and glue it in?

the plexi is bolted in, so it can easily be removed when needed to..........which Glueing would prevent

regarding Differential identification, may i point yu to this thread i did....

HERE

IF the diff has 4 output flange bolt holes (where the drive shafts bolt to) then it cannot be from an rs200 altezza,( it could be from an AS200) the topic should help explain.

The fact it has 4 bolt holes does meen it will fit ok though.

cheers for that thread tho. it has confirmed (at least i think) that mine is from an altezza. it looks exactly the same.

although that pic show it also with a four bolt fitting?(altezza diff)

ahh but the driveshaft/diff flang has 6. this LSD hasnt even come with these driveshaft/diff flanges!!!

is it possible to fit my for stud flanges into this?(going crazy now!!)

the propshaft to diff, should only be 4 bolts, the 2 driveshafts to diff should be 6 bolts on an ALTEZZA RS200,IS300.....

BUT, should only be 4 on an AS200/IS200

the diff casing prove nothing, as the IS300 also has the smooth casing with no cooling fins

so how can i tell if its an LSD?

eitherway it doesnt even have the driveshaft to LSD flanges on it. gotta find out if i can use my is200 flanges from my diff!

thanks for all your help today matt, ur a star! :D

Under the bonnet

engine_bay_blue.sized.jpg

i intend to relocate the filter tommorow, and the oil catch tank.....

now ive remodeled the rear end i need to re-mount the rear kitty litter recovery point

and im gonna modify my Japsai to sit a little Higher

my_japsai_clearence.sized.jpg

ok, so ive been doing a few more bits....and bobs

first thing to sort was My Japsai, it was very close to the ground, those that have a Japsai will know that they sometimes catch on speed bumps, well imagine how much my Japsai caught.

my_japsai_clearence.sized.jpg

repaint_13.sized.jpg

i have re-designed my red Japsai, and come out with the clearence freindly Japsai....To be known as Silver Japsai

japsai_new_clearence.sized.jpg

modified_Japsai.sized.jpg

also another major thing that needed sorting was the relocation of the rear towing eye, the original race car one was mounted at the bottom of the spare wheel well.......Well as there is no spare wheel well it had to be mounted elsewhere.

new_rear_towing_eye_2.sized.jpg

Last but not least, the previous Cold air induction, was mounted in an Aluminum airbox, where the ECU used to be, i wasnt happy, so ive continued the trunking into the wheel arch, and mounted the filter there, i will make a new cold air box under the arch, this also alowed me to relocate the Oil catch tank slightly better.

air_trunk_inner_wing_hole.sized.jpg

new_airfilter_location_1.sized.jpg

it stops the oil vapours being drawn back into the engine at the throttle body and fouling it up......also allows me to see if there is a problem, if you get blow by the oil wil be forced back into the cam covers..............and collect in the catch can.

Plus it looks nice :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links