Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clean Bill Of Health!

My car had its 5 year service yesterday and everything was ok (£295). The service was carried out at Woodford. The couple of points I raised with them have been resolved. These were:

The doors unlocking when the gear selector is placed in park. Now no longer the case (computer reset).

The brakes that grind when the pedal is depressed. They checked the brakes and disks and said they were ok. If anything it might be the type of pads used, as they are not original Lexus pads. These paid were fitted before I had the car. As the car has fsh from Lexus, I assume the previous owner took the decision to fit different ones.

The service guy said that considering the original pads (front) are over £400, some owners choose a different brand that suits their driving style. The Lexus ones are a compromise between road and track. I will look into the change after my track day, which I will be booking soon.

Oh, I was told that their Dealership will be one of the first to get a RC F, in January 2015.

Glad you got on ok Andrew. :)

So how does the door locking work now? Only ask as I often have to move the car before any passengers can get in, but they then forget I need to select park on the gearbox before they can open the doors.

It's quite annoying to be honest! Lol. ;)

Just wondering if there's a better way of programming it?

What track day are you looking at doing chap?

Cheers.

Peter

Hi Peter

I am finding it ok. Admittedly now when I select park I can hear a slight clicking noise, but the doors do not unlock. My main reason for changing this was that at traffic lights or jams the doors are not open when parked (I feel a bit 'exposed'). Actually I will need to check whether the doors automatically lock now, once i reach a certain speed.

Being a novice high speed driver, as discussed and recommended by you, Brands Hatch is likely be the track. I will however look at others.

I did ask the service guy at Woodford about tracking the car. He simply said to inflate the tyres, check the oil and water levels and your good to go! There is more to this I know.

Page 54 of the manual has the options on how to change the door locking facility.

I have mine set on locking when I reach 12 mph and you can hear them locking when it's reached. They are still locked when the car is in P though and it's just a case of remembering to unlock them for passengers once you have parked.

Glad it went well with the service. I'll be taking mine there in November for the big 60k service.

I'll probably pop over at some point to view the rcf as well.

I just stick it in neutral at lights and jams not park and that gets around that issue.

Stu

Mine stayed locked when I bought the car, which I found irritating. So I had the dealer programme it to unlock when I put it in Park. I only ever use Neutral when waiting at lights

Hi Selmer

I assume the five year service is the 'big one' where spark plugs are changed, transmission and axle fluid etc changed? If so GBP 250 is an amazing price!

Can you confirm, and is Woodford an official Lexus dealer? That being the case I'll be booking mine I there.

Cheers

Grey One

Woodford is an official lexus dealer.

Can't be the big service as toyota quoted 540 or there abouts and lexus originally quoted 940 ish. Lexus then agreed to match toyota price. Pete will have specifics.

Stu

Hi Selmer

I assume the five year service is the 'big one' where spark plugs are changed, transmission and axle fluid etc changed? If so GBP 250 is an amazing price!

Can you confirm, and is Woodford an official Lexus dealer? That being the case I'll be booking mine I there.

Cheers

Grey One

5yr/50K is a minor one. It's the 6yr/60K that's the biggy! ;)

Had mine last month with Lexus Woodford. Got them down to £650 or thereabouts. Not bad when it was £850 odd originally! :)

£250 is about right for the smaller ones.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links