Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacing My Fake Tips

So I can go down the official Lexus route and spend £400 for one set of fake tips but searching through eBay I found these

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-DUAL-MUFFLER-CHROME-TIP-REPLACEMENT-PAIR-2UR-GSE-V8-PERFORMANCE-UPGRADE-/351117439701?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2009%7CMake%3ALexus&hash=item51c03af2d5&vxp=mtr

Seems a pretty reasonable price too.

I've no idea of the quality of them but might take a punt and order a pair. No idea on shipping costs either so will have to contact the seller but there's no reason why these shouldn't replace my dodgy tips is there?

Hey, they look a bit flimsy IMO. They are far less substantial than the lexus tips. If you want new back boxes anyway id be tempted to do that.

That's what I thought but was hoping otherwise. As for new back boxes who would you recommend and what price would they be?

I would go to h&s simply because they are very good. No idea on price sadly. Cat back system is 850 all in so back boxes maybe 400/500???

Thanks Stuart..will find out how much it is.

I'm with Stu on this one Andy.

Best bet is to replace them properly for more money chap. ;)

The OEM tips are poorly made in my opinion. The tips themselves are only spot welded on to the frames. Had one of mine literally fall off when I was polishing them! :(

Best off saving up for either a full system or just back boxes from H&S.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at these too and even had an email exchange with the seller, decided against it even before going the H&S route, but can't recall exactly why

As Stuart says they do look a little flimsy. My car is in on Wednesday for them to have a look at the tip problem and if no joy there I may have to go down the H&S route. It would annoy me spending out £400 on a fake tip from Lexus.

I looked at these too and even had an email exchange with the seller, decided against it even before going the H&S route, but can't recall exactly why

As Stuart says they do look a little flimsy. My car is in on Wednesday for them to have a look at the tip problem and if no joy there I may have to go down the H&S route. It would annoy me spending out £400 on a fake tip from Lexus.

Are you going into Hedge End?

What "tip problem" have you got?

One of mine on the drivers side was like that Andy.

When I was polishing the tips, it literally fell off! :(

Managed to get a nice chap at my local Kwik-Fit to place a couple of spot welds on the inside of the tip.

One at the top, one at the bottom.

He managed to do it without removing the rear bumper, but there's a load of plastic in close proximity. Had the welder on the smallest flame possible.

Hope you get it sorted chap. :)

Well the ISF has been dropped off so will see what they say about it. They had a real problem sourcing me a courtesy car and I'm now driving the joy that is a CTH. I really don't like them at all and I know I shouldn't be ungrateful but the fact I handed over a performance car and got the keys to one of the salesman's posh Prius isn't really that professional. They are also a Lotus dealer and I tried to get one of those but no joy. They have no courtesy cars for them so I dread to think what a Lotus owner does when they have an issue. The sales team should be applauded for selling all their stock but when a dealer now only has 3 available cars there has to be a change.

Anyway....first world problems and all that.

On a side note my Gold membership details came through yesterday and I did ask if there would be a discount on the air-con service but they said it was a Lexus fixed price and probably not. Seems a bit strange that there isn't some discount though.

Never had a 450...the best I get is an IS300, the wife gets an RX when she has put her one in. Maybe they like tormenting me with the CTH. Would be safer for me in an RX as I'm used to driving one of those. The CTH on the other hand.....joining a motorway is always an experience.

Got the ISF back and the tip has been fixed so it's no longer in danger of falling off. The air con service is pretty extreme though. The chemical smell is stronger than when I have had it done on previous cars. Hopefully the musty smell is no more but as all I can smell is the disinfectant it may take a couple of days to ensure that it has been sorted. They even knocked some money off as I'm a Gold member. Cannot argue with that. They did a health check on the car and it's all good apart from the fact my rears are down to 3.5 mm. I thought they felt less grippy so it looks as if they might need replacing in a few months and it's a bit of a shame that Lexus replaced the fronts when I bought the car as it would give me an excuse to try out some new rubber on all 4.

It was nice to have the ISF back, I really miss it when I have to drive any other car. All in all, apart from the whole courtesy car issue I'm very pleased with Hedge End yet again. Great service.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links