Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where To Buy A 250C And What To Look For?

Hi

I looking to buy a 250C fully loaded but can't seem to find any for sale.

I've been looking in the auto trader and the lexus website,can anyone suggest any other places to look?

Is there anything I would be looking for if I can find one for sale?

All advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Nigel

Patience is the first thing you need!

I think I've only ever seen two on the road (+ one on TV in 'Last Tango in Halifax'!)

Going by the figures on howmanyleft.co.uk, Cs are about 10x rarer than saloons although from sightings I would say fewer than that.

I guess check everything mentioned on various threads here for saloons, plus that the top works properly and smoothly, has no damage and that there's no damage in the boot and roof stowage space.

I have an old MX-5 but the hood on that is fairly cheap and easy to replace and there are no electrics, so not very relevant really!

Good luck!

Must admit I'd quite like on of these. It may be my next purchase...they are very very nice!

As advised check over the roof action...listening for any odd sounds (there should not be any) and check the side window seals. I'd probably squirt a hose over the roof too. You need to know its water tight!! Don't know if wind noise is a factor on these. I'd love to have a go in one.

John....my missus has an Mx5 (52 plate) with mohair roof. Shall be putting the hard top on next month. She is quite taken with the newer model Mx5 with the folding roof. Cracking good cars. Took it to Chamonix... in its element up in the mountains with 360 degree visibility...and such fun too.

They are plenty of SE-L (with MM) models on both sites you mention which i believe is equivalent of fully loaded.

Look out for a 2009 or early 2010 one as I believe they started cutting back on the kit after those years.

Morning chaps

Thanks for your advice here.

I am now the proud owner of a IS250C SE-L MM ACC/PCS DAB in Grey.

Very hard to find in this spec but I bought this one from a local in dependant dealer who didn't know about the extras on the car.

It's a 60 plate with only 13,500 miles on the clock just needs a valet and 2 wheels refubing, 2 new front tyres and an mot.

I'm very pleased with the car indeed.

I'm going to replace the front tyres with Bridgestones @£72+ vat unless someone could advice a better alternative?

Morning chaps

Thanks for your advice here.

I am now the proud owner of a IS250C SE-L MM ACC/PCS DAB in Grey.

Very hard to find in this spec but I bought this one from a local in dependant dealer who didn't know about the extras on the car.

It's a 60 plate with only 13,500 miles on the clock just needs a valet and 2 wheels refubing, 2 new front tyres and an mot.

I'm very pleased with the car indeed.

I'm going to replace the front tyres with Bridgestones @£72+ vat unless someone could advice a better alternative?

Nice one......enjoy

Saw a Dark Blue one on the M3 last week 59 plate.

Tyres??? very subjective of course...but I'm ditching my Bridgestone Turanzas at next change. Too noisy and tram line a bit. Read quite a lot about Goodyear Efficientgrip Performance being a well rated tyre. So I may well give them a punt.

Take a read here

http://www.blackcircles.com/order/tyres/search

and here

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre-Size/18-Inch-Tyres/225-40-18-Tyres.htm

Pics to follow shortly.

I am getting it valeted in a weeks time as it has some scratches on the n/s from bushes etc.

The front n/s wheel needs a refurb and the other 3 are slightly corroded so all 4 being done next week.

The dealer was asking £22,400 for it but because of the various bits and it needing an mot at the end of the month I bought it for £20,000 which I think is a fair price

Having only done 13,500 miles and Sept10 the condition inside is like new, and once the wheels are done and the bodywork polished it will be a very nice example.

Its has the M/L sound system that I wanted as well

Pics in a week or two when its all in pristine condition.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links