Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

At Last

Well, a naff week at work picked up on Thursday.

Email received to say that my car was now in stock at the dealership and will be delivered on Monday morning !

Typical that a hurricane is about to arrive, but hey ho.

Pictures to follow

• Like 1

Well.....................what a crap day.

Car arrived at 3pm and had been brought up to the Midlands on an open trailer through all sorts of weather judging by how dirty it was when it got here.

Fleet department signed to accept it but didn't want me to take it until they cleaned it tomorrow, but I said I would do it as I like cleaning my motor anyway. So off home in the car, getting used to all the controls etc, parked up on the drive and the cleaning stuff out. Car cleaned before it got too dark and time to dry it off nicely with a micro fibre towel................

two foot long crease in the roof

foot long scratch just above drivers door that has actually dented the roof as well

2 small ding dents on the roof

There may be more, that's all I could see in the fading light.

Fleet manager informed by phone, got to drop it off in the morning and pick my A5 back up before I got to a meeting in Birmingham. don't know what will happen as we signed to "accept" the car but it was so dirty you couldn't see the damage. I don't want it if it's going back to be filled and sprayed..............and I had waited nearly 4 months.

Seriously unhappy...............about to open a beer

Dealer is Fish Bros in Swindon mate.

My best mate, who works for Benham BMW, has been round tonight and says it appears to definitely be damage from a transporter.

I'm miffed why the dealer released it as it is.............

Didn't they know ?

Did they hope we wouldn't realise ?

TBF you can't miss the scratch/dent just above the drivers door.

I'll see in the morning when I drop if off at work but I assume they will send somebody up before they accept the car back. I know one thing, I do not want that car period. It is a fleet car and I haven't shelled out the cash, but that's not the point and so far the Lexus ownership experience has not been what I thought it would be. I know this is an isolated case as the dealers are rated as excellent. If they do accept that we refuse the car and place another order, I might as well wait for a 15 plate !!

Dave, that is seriously bad news, you must be livid!! Can' believe Lexus would knowingly release a car with that level of damage, surely it must have somehow happened on the journey to you. I quite understand not wanting that car, but if the damage can be sorted by Lexus UK that might be better than waiting months for another one.

Please keep us posted and best of luck with it all.

I think its probably the transport company that did it, and not Lexus or the dealer, I don’t think for one min, that a Lexus dealer would release a car with that kind of damage. Not acceptable though.

Well, dropped car off and showed the transport manager the damage. He was gobsmacked. Some irate emails from him to our leasing company account manager, who agreed to come to site as a meeting was due anyway.

Cut a long story short, the leasing company have taken this up with the dealer and have agreed that the car will go back and I will be provided with a replacement vehicle, not the original vehicle repaired. Transport company gave some crap about not all paperwork signed or some rubbish, but I guess they know they have some grief coming their way.

Fleet manager also asked the leasing company why the car wasn't delivered in a covered transporter, don't know what the reply was or whether the next one will be.

Now comes the question of replacement. Transport manager says they may try and source another car quickly and this may have a different spec, but if it has more goodies it is then down to if I accept to pay more tax if the P11D value is higher. Guess we will have to wait and see, worst case is another factory order.

Could be a 2015 car at this rate :-(

Latest update...........

As expected there is some sort of stand-off at the moment and the car is still sitting where I parked it when I took it back on Tuesday morning.

Expect to be in the Audi for a while yet :-(

Latest update...........

As expected there is some sort of stand-off at the moment and the car is still sitting where I parked it when I took it back on Tuesday morning.

Expect to be in the Audi for a while yet :-(

Hmm the standoff is expected. They are both going to say its not their fault. At the end of the day, what needs to happen is first and foremost, they need to get you a new car or atleast give you a decent freebie such as free servicing for 3 years etc. The dispute between themselves can be sorted later on in my eyes

The Company I work for is a large utility mate and we have our own Fleet department and service vehicles in house as they are approved by all the top marques so a freebie in the vain won't carry any weight.

I'll leave it a few more days and go and speak to them to see what's happening.

My car will need tyres soon at £350 each........wonder where that bill is going ??

The Company I work for is a large utility mate and we have our own Fleet department and service vehicles in house as they are approved by all the top marques so a freebie in the vain won't carry any weight.

I'll leave it a few more days and go and speak to them to see what's happening.

My car will need tyres soon at £350 each........wonder where that bill is going ??

Get them online, should be much cheaper if it resorts to that. Or you could always get a second hand set, no ones going to be checking up on them as long as they have enough depth when you hand the car in

Well....................good news and bad news

The good news is that "somebody" has accepted liability and the car is being collected and a replacement arranged

The bad news is that the replacement is another factory order vehicle. The leasing Company have given an estimated delivery date of mid to late January so I have said that I will wait the extra few weeks and have a 15 plate car on the 1st March.

So all in, 8 months to get a replacement car.

Not impressed.

What a nightmare. I can't believe Lexus would allow the vehicle to leave their custody in the state it is, but that's no comfort to you.

I suppose there wasn't a stock vehicle anywhere that would have ticked most if not all the boxes?

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Absolute nightmare, certainly feel your pain. I once had a VW Tiguan on order that got moved 4 times (VW Leasing giving slots away I think as it was in high demand), come the 4th slip I told them to poke it and ordered my last Volvo which still had another 4 months wait. So ended up getting my car 9 months after I should.

• 2 months later...

Hello all

Happy 2015 and all that

Have been reading the forum with interest and thought I would post to say, new car should be here in 7 weeks I guess as March 1st comes in to view

I expect the next one will be inspected like a hawk !!

Need to book some car parking in April so have asked the dealer for my 15 reg if possible, no reply as yet

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links