Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is-F Owners In The North

Hi giblet . Just a quick update on the exhaust. Been to see a guy  on the Wirral. Cybox exhaust system. Will put a bespoke middle and back box same as the joe z on for £600 . Seems to know wot he's talking about . AV a look on web site see wot you think . Think am gonna book mine in . Best thing about it you can take your old one home . If you ever come to sell just switch over 

Hi David. That's a good price, will the new exhaust retain the secondary cats? I was quoted £700 for a setup that removes the secondary cats. That price includes the extra welding work for exhaust cutouts. 

Not to sure mate . Not rearly that clued up on exhaust system. All I said is I want a nice throutie sound from it . He said no probs . So will get it booked in and see . Needs car for half hour to measure up . Then back in for full day . 

• 1 month later...

Finally got round to uploading a pic from the breakfast meet - 

13071956_10102468453817539_5857027418219

I'm organising a rolling road day in Leeds in June if anyone fancies having a run with their ISF. I want to see what mine is running like before I have the exhaust fitted in mid June. Should be a good mix of cars and like minded petrolheads. It's on Saturday 4th June at RS Tuning in Leeds and the price is £35 per car.

• Like 1

I'm going with a design similar to the Joe Z one which looks like this

14E4F133-2445-4F42-B0C9-D4AB69B1A85A_zps

The only difference is mine will have a pair of cutout valves before the back boxes for occasional use.  

Sadly the exhaust place is booked up till mid June. I guess it means I can get a dyno run in before and then another a few months later to see how much extra power the exhaust provides. 

Drop me a message if you fancy a run on the rollers and I'll add you to the list. 

Out of interest (to the uneducated), what's the difference between going for a dual system like that and the single pipe system that appears to be on my steed?

3 minutes ago, dr_rick said:

Out of interest (to the uneducated), what's the difference between going for a dual system like that and the single pipe system that appears to be on my steed?

I'm not that well versed on the subject matter but I'm guessing the dual flows better and will provide a bigger hp increase especially with the x pipe. 

For the record the quote I was given for a dual system from the chap that fabricated yours was in the region of £2k. That was with a pair of valves. 

2 minutes ago, GibletPH said:

I'm not that well versed on the subject matter but I'm guessing the dual flows better and will provide a bigger hp increase especially with the x pipe. 

For the record the quote I was given for a dual system from the chap that fabricated yours was in the region of £2k. That was with a pair of valves. 

Fair enough. I wasn't planning on changing it (not at that price), I was more interested in the functional differences. I can't imagine that even a single pipe system would decrease the power levels, I would however expect that a dual system would yield 'better' gains.

12 minutes ago, dr_rick said:

Fair enough. I wasn't planning on changing it (not at that price), I was more interested in the functional differences. I can't imagine that even a single pipe system would decrease the power levels, I would however expect that a dual system would yield 'better' gains.

Yup a single system like that won't hurt the power levels given that the stock setup is a single system too. The majority of the performance increase will come from the removal of the secondary cats I guess which has been done on yours. My system should end up costing me £1k all in, I'm sourcing the valves myself and getting a local fabricator to make the system. Only annoyance is that he is booked up till mid June.

• 2 weeks later...

So Gents it appears we may have a mini mini meet on our hands on Thursday (19th) up and around the Warrington / Chester area. Just thought I would update in this thread (apologies once again for the hijack) to see if we have any other owners in the area looking to join myself and Warrington guy for an hour or so. No location agreed yet. Great to see what we can do. Whether its of interest or not but I stay in the Hilton Double tree just outside Chester that has very pleasant grounds and a huge car park... nice bar to, which of course serves coffee and soft drinks

Should also add that I'm happy to drive to wherever is decided. Above just an option.

• Like 1

Dave (Warrington guy) the following is your fault...just so you know :wink3: Heading to see Jerry at cybox at lunch time today to spec up an axle back, been speaking with them and as you say Dave they appear to know their stuff, just want to go see the quality of their work and work out a few datails, all being well i'll get the process underway end of the day.

• Like 1

So all booked in at cybox but I'm going a little left field with this (as is my style generally). As I'm not chasing power in this area at the moment AND to keep things as standard as possible AND to keep costs down i've opted to hack out the internals of the standard back boxes and have some straight through perforated baffle pipes put in. This should give me what I am after which is just a little more V8ness in the sound track but no more than this. Lets see how she sounds after the 14th June.   

4 minutes ago, Warrington guy said:

Hi gib . Is the dyno run still arranged on the 4 June . . If so what time ? Would be intersted see what mine is pushing out with exhaust and intake fitted 

It's been moved to the following Saturday (11th). We still have places available if you fancy a run. It starts at 09:00 but we will probably have the AWD on cars first followed by FWD and then the RWD ones. 

Just had a quick look on RS Tuning website and they use a dynodynamics dyno which is good news for me. I'm booked in for my baseline dyno at RGS motorsport on June 8th. RGS also use a dynodynamics. Now I dont want to start the whole different dyno different day discussion but dynodynamics are the closest matched, calibrated and operated dyno's I've come across so should at least allow for basic comparison. I can feel a dyno graph thread coming on, be great to start a small database to collate all this info on different mods.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links