Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls 460 Headlight Bulb Replacement

Driver side low beam has failed today, strange no message from the on board systems.

Any guidance or procedure on replacing the bulb appreciated. Looks accessible through the wheel arch.

Also which bulb. Is it a D4S type bulb 6000k colour?

Peter

Read all sorts of horror stories when one of my 460 bulbs failed (2 hours labour, taking wheels off, etc,etc,etc). Took to Lexus Guildford, £60 + VAT for bulb, fitted free in 10 minutes.

Asked if advisable to replace the other bulb and was told "Not at £60 a bulb, wait till it fails'

• Like 1

A few years ago, I was quoted £150 for a single replacement Xenon Bulb by a Lexus UK dealer for my LS400 and thankfully after a bit more research, I found a US supplier who had a European Distributor who supplied me 2 bulbs for £100 in total (parts, shipping and duty)

Lexus did charge me for 0.5 hours labour for fitting so good to know it's much easier on the LS460

Lucky I did order 2 bulbs as 2nd one stopped working a year later.

Now you can find these types of bulbs for sale on eBay and other motor part suppliers at reasonable cost.

Maybe it's because your car is a later one, but when I changed one of mine recently the difference in brightness was so noticeable I had to change them both. Easy job (when you've done it once!)

Maybe it's because your car is a later one, but when I changed one of mine recently the difference in brightness was so noticeable I had to change them both. Easy job (when you've done it once!)

I've had my LS430 for a couple of months so far and whilst I have had some issues recently, my local garage who are very good have sorted it for me.

I do like Lexus dealers and the service is still excellent but I do really resent their labour rates. I need to negotiate a reduced rate given that my car is over 10 years old. WIth my previous LS400, I got 20% off labour and 10 - 15% of parts which did help a lot and I kept my Lexus service history intact.

Thanks Gents for the excellent and helpful advice.

The light came back on last night and worked again today. Does this mean the bulb is still on the way out or is it something else such as a ballast?

Thanks Gents for the excellent and helpful advice.

The light came back on last night and worked again today. Does this mean the bulb is still on the way out or is it something else such as a ballast?

As it happens, mine came on again one evening, but only once. The two new bulbs make such a difference, so much brighter. I didn't realise Xenon bulbs can lose brightness until one went. I paid about £78 each at Eurocarparts for Phillips bulbs, but then discovered Halfords do them for £59 each. I wouldn't risk the eBay Chinese ones though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links