Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Apexi Throttle Controller Fitted...

Thanks to Pete and his special tools the Apexi throttle controller is now fitted to my f.

I really do think it is a great mod. I have always founds the normal mode sluggish with too much throttle movement before the power kicks in. Also found transitioning from normal to sport annoying as sport is so sharp in terms of throttle response.

The Apexi controller gives you 3 modes in normal which improve throttle response my different degrees of sensitivity. Effectively giving you (what I think) an ideal middle ground between the two settings. Perfect for every day driving, don't have to dig the peddle at roundabouts on normal or feather in sports. Very impressed.

Also, because it takes a blank slot in the cabin it almost looks oem.

Stu

Glad you're liking it Stu. :)

Agree it offers a nice middle ground between the normal and sports modes.

Less pedal travel is a real plus I find. Normal mode seems like forever before it wakes up! ;)

It doesn't seem to affect fuel consumption too much either?

The blank location for the switch was a big selling point for me as well. Didn't want it stuck down somewhere with double sided tape! ;)

Not sure about mpg not had it on long enough. Not expecting much change as it only sharpens response of initial pedal travel. After initial sharpness it is back on to normal mode.

It is a nice little mod.

Stu

• 1 month later...

Hi, you can order one from these guys:

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk

Pete fitted mine as he has the tools to remove trim. Any garage you trust will be able to for it in the same way mine is fitted. The programming is VERY quick and easy. Instructions that come with it are spot on. FYI I run mine on 'normal' and 'yellow'.

Stu

I think so. I found throttle response in normal mode to sloppy and a lot of throttle depression had to be applied to get out of roundabouts.

By contrast I find sports mode too pokey for normal driving. Using normal mode and yellow on the controller is spot on and as good as between normal and sport modes.

I think its a great mod.

Stu

Normal and yellow. There are 3 modes that will make reaponse sharper. Yellow, purple and red. yellow being least pokey and red the most. The other modes are for fuel saving and snow.

As such I would only use snow, normal and yellow and sports mode. Took some driving in stop start traffic to find a suitable choice for me.

Stu

• 3 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links