Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When i was in stockport today on a6 a brand new 460 stopped at side of me but slightly in front. What a machine, the reg was three numbers followed by wow. Ive

Not listed numbers on reg as it could be personal. If i won lottery that would be my ist shop.:-):-):-) it was green same colour as my 430 i think lexus have exelled with the design of this one. If it drives as good as it looks then top marks lexus.

• Like 1

Wow indeed. An LS460 is an awesome car but I don't like the reports of it having a firmer ride than my 400. Seems that Lexus have gone slightly Germanic with their ride/ suspension set up. That does not appeal to me at all. I don't care if it 'handles' better than my 400. Give me smooooooth every time.

• Like 1

I can only tell you of my own experience. I owned an LS 400 for 15 years and, like you, found it very comfortable.

Now I have a 460 and it is a different beast. The 'Comfort' selection on the air suspension gives a really soft ride, not unlike the 400. The problem, as I see it, is in the optional 19" wheels and low profile tyres. I have already said on another post that I'm actively looking to swap my 19" wheels for the standard size.

The seats are different - having less padding. This is to accommodate the, built-in, cooling and ventilation system.

It is a great car :)

I did consider the LS460 but opted instead for an LS430 (I had previously owned an LS400 for over 13 years).

As a few people have commented, the issue is that with Lexus and indeed the big German makes, the wheel sizes are now 19s, 20s and even 21s and no matter how good the engineering is in the ride & suspension area, it will always be compromised by the profiles of the tyres.

I did change my LS400 wheels to some 18" alloys and it did make the ride only slightly worse when compared to the original 16" alloys.

LS460s are now becoming keenly priced by the month but unlike the LS600h, the 460s are commanding the £500 per year Road Fund Licence charge - I am glad that my LS430 is capped at £285 per year.

Tulpen (brian) where are you now..... I'm just outside elgin ( kingston on spey) moved to elgin in 1976 ,born in St.andrew and brought up in Germany/england as a nipper then folks settled in Elgin 76, I left elgin in 82 to see the world (army) then settled down again in elgin in the mid 90s, moved to present location in 2005.......

Just read one of your posts and gather your in Holland.. 😀

I'm in Holland but I do come across to Scotland quite often......mainly Glasgow and Aviemore.

I joined the RAF as a young lad and hoped to see the world. In between overseas tours I did two stints at Kinloss and one at Lossie :)

Born in St Andrews........Leuchars?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links