Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Anyone know where I can find Keyless Entry Fob.I bought one from the States but found out that it works on a different frequency.

I didn't know the LS400 had keyless entry, do you mean just the remote locking fob? If so, I got mine on eBay a couple of years ago by asking one of the breakers, then programmed it to my car.

And yes, the US ones won't work here. What year is yours?

Hi Thanks mine is the 1996 model.

You should be able to find one on eBay if you're not in a hurry. If you go to a main dealer it will save you a lot of hassle, but will cost you around £200. I can't remember exactly but I paid around £25 for the key, £2.50 for a blank and £8 to get it cut at a local locksmith, but then you have to program it. If you go for the used option make sure it looks identical to yours and with the same numbers etc. The sequence for programming can be found here somewhere if you do a search.

My brother owns an RX400h and he decided to buy a blank off e-bay, get the key cut and then paid for the programming - he said that he did save himself a few quid but it was a lot more hassle than it's worth.

Personally, I would go to a dealer and get the genuine article - the last thing you want is to find yourself stuck / stranded with a non-genuine key

Like most owners, I am all for saving money and avoiding dealers if I can but then again for some things I would never take the risk

Hi thanks for your replys.Perhaps I didn't make myself clear,I was asking about the remote fob which had the three buttons on the front

and the panic button on the back.This is just for remote opening and closing of the doors,and has no key attached. I was also interested to find out if I could alter the circuit board on the American one that I have to transmit on the 4.33Mh by changing the crystal.Im sure that some of the more "expert " among you have experimented with this? Thanks again for your interest.Great site.

If you are brave enough with car electronics, good luck to you in altering the circuit board in the key

Whilst I am always keen to save myself a few quid, I would rather pay a dealer the money and get a proper genuine key that works and is properly coded to the vehicle.

I have heard of some drivers of various makes try all sorts of things - I read on an Audi forum how someone decided to try replicating their own keys with some software, a laptop and a blank fob and he ended up having to buy a brand new ECU for his vehicle at around £5k

Sometimes it's best to keep things simple but that's my own view

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Hi. The key works fine it's the remote for opening and closing the doors.Sorry if I am not making my self clear.

I didn't know you had a fob separate from the key. Is this a standard set up on what I assume is a MK3 does anyone know?

I'm not familiar with the separate fob, so unless someone can come up with a solution it may have to be the main dealer. I don't think I would chance doing anything to modify what you have on such a complex car. I took the glass out of my rear view mirror looking for a connection for a dash cam, I quickly put it all back as it looked like the inside of my computer!

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Guess nobody has the answer,so I intend to modify the remote central locking fob by removing the transmitter and replacing it with one that operates on the correct frequency 433.29MHz from a garage door opener.This in theory will give me a remote that will work once I program it to the car.I am assuming that the circuit board is common to all Lexus LS400's and only the frequency on which they operate is different.

I will keep you posted if this works or not. Wish me luck

Thanks guys. Guess nobody has the answer,so I intend to modify the remote central locking fob by removing the transmitter and replacing it with one that operates on the correct frequency 433.29MHz from a garage door opener.This in theory will give me a remote that will work once I program it to the car.I am assuming that the circuit board is common to all Lexus LS400's and only the frequency on which they operate is different.

I will keep you posted if this works or not. Wish me luck

I've just purchased a hat so that if your plan works I can take it off to you!

I don't think he is being ironic. If you read the archives on this and the American site, you will see that what you are attempting is not at all easy.

Like Phil, I wish you best of luck.......but I have absolutely no advice I can give you.

I detect a trace of irony here,so if it works,you can eat your hat.

Constructive suggestions welcome.

Not at all, I mean it out of total respect for what you're trying to do. Taking my metaphorical hat off is not the same as eating it. I love to see people beat the system by using their own initiative. I really hope it works because if it does it may help others. Please keep us posted.

Hi. Sorry if I came across a bit "Victor Meldrew".No slight intended. I'm expecting the garage opener to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to take it down to the " Man Cave" to remove its transmitter.

No need to apologise. Anyway, you can't be Victor Meldrew as well, I became him years ago! Just remember, if you alter the transmitter, press the button, and suddenly find people around you are wearing top hats, and the children have sticks and hoops, and everything is in black and white, you've gone too far with it!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links