Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New(Ish) Owner And Software Update

Hi

Having had my Is300h FSport now for 5 months thought I'd register here, so hello!

Sonic Silver with Rose leather and premium nav.

One bug I have is with the software update, currently on version D and according to the dealer now version F is available but couldn't fit me in yesterday when I popped by, however did say it could be downloaded via the portal.

I have download a file onto a usb stick and popped it in the car, however when you go into software update in the car nothing happens, anyone done this, what am I missing?

Cheers

Ash

As far as I am aware the online version is D. F is dealer fit only at the moment.

It may have changed but my portal still looks like D which was the version that switched on internet traffic.

I have F but I asked for it at my 1st service.

I'd recommend people use the 'contact us' form on the portal and recommend that the latest software is published. Having to visit a dealer seems wholly unnecessary, and outside of a service they will probably try and charge you for the work too.

Welcome Ash, we have the same colour combo and the same software version. TBH I've left mine at D as I have no functionality problems, and have read of some members having different problems once they've updated., one step forward and one back!

The update available from the portal relates to Internet traffic only and not software for the car, as far as I know.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Hi

Thanks for the replies, sorry , meant satin silver not sonic! :-)

Most things work ok but since upgrading to iOS 8 the iPod functionality has been a bit hit & miss, dealer reckoned the update would help with this and also Bluetooth, also my sat nav clock is wrong when selecting daylight saving mode.

If the latest software on the net is D then I'll get the dealer to upload F next time I'm over their way, won't be paying for the privilege though!

Ash

also my sat nav clock is wrong when selecting daylight saving mode.

it would be, we aren't in daylight saving time at the moment ;)

Unfortunately it isn't an automatic mode, just allows the clock to be moved forward 1 hour when we are in BST.

Unfortunately it isn't an automatic mode, just allows the clock to be moved forward 1 hour when we are in BST.

Ok didn't realise it wasn't automatic, the dealer gave me an impression that this was being 'fixed' the latest software.

However , having the option for daylight saving mode that's not automatic is a bit pointless as you may as well just adjust the clock as you have to go into the setting to turn it on at the given time, Also the analogue clock annoys me, not very modern (or sporty) in an otherwise very modern and sporty car and again not linked to the cars nav clock so a manual adjust twice a year....... Why oh why couldnt they write a digi clock into the software, would have been so easy.....

Just minor points on what is a great car.

Ash

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links