Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Important Announcement

Guest The Committee

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish someone would explain what hapened so that the rest of us don't make the same mistake. Is it the posting of inappropriate jokes, profanity, or something else.

I hope the fun element does not disappear from the forums.

DJ it has nothing to do with posting here on LOC as far as I am aware. It is to do with being members of another site.

I have never broken the ToS or CoC of this site or had any posts moderated or been sent a warning via PM, so that should also help you.

DJ it has nothing to do with posting here on LOC as far as I am aware. It is to do with being members of another site.

I have never broken the ToS or CoC of this site or had any posts moderated or been sent a warning via PM, so that should also help you.

OK, clears it up somewhat.

Cheers mate.

I was one of the people that recieved the PM - I would say that anyone that wants to know what has happened and the REAL reasons behind what actions were taken, then you should speak directly to the Committee only, this way there is not going to be a game of Chinese Whispers.

I don't think the fun is going to leave these boards :P

Can I just publicly thank yourself, Colin and Chris for your help with that.

My wife kept on saying "ahh you are super moderator" in karate kid guru voice and making hong-kong fuey manouvers. :blink::rolleyes:

Sorry to see people go. Hope we all learn from it and move on.

Me too.

To clear the air and start a fresh I think the comittee should issue a statement - no need to name names, but so that we are all clear on what was alledged to have taken place. Shame that a site where we all have one at least one thing in common is heading this way :unsure:

Sorry to see people go. Hope we all learn from it and move on.

How can anybody learn anything from all this when there's no information about what has been deemed unacceptable by the comittee :o

I'm personally sorry to see that people have gone - I accept that rules are rules but unless we know how they are being interpreted we can't learn anything constructive for the future :ph34r:

It has put a downer on the site as far as I'm concerned. Some of the posts in recent times have alluded to disquiet amongst the ranks and I sense people have been getting fed up with "the management" - looks like it finally kicked off then :crybaby:

I feel that the comittee should explain themselves as to why people have been banned.

Is it only people that got THIS PM that got banned.

Most people are guilty for saying the wrong thing at times,but what is deemed as the wrong thing?

And whos next on the comittees "hit list" are we all being watched,big brother stylee.

The comittee themselves,after making rules break them!!! were all guilty sometimes.To hide behind the comittee/management banner seems childish.

B) B)

It isnt about what you have posted its about where you have posted.

I dont mind rules and I can honestly say I have followed the rules on this site since I joined without any deviation. I can say that I have never once bad mouthed anyone on this site and have never even once participated in any "bitching" threads.

but still I get the infamous PM.

I find it disturbing at best that my membership will be revoked for the reasons in the PM.

So did I miss the bit in the rules that says we can't join other sites - if so is a list of banned sites provided - this all all rather confusing to outsiders like me :ph34r:

Fellas.. A statement shall be added here later

for your information we have only ever banned 1 established member in 2 years (only spammers posting scams or spamming our members have been removed).. so quit talking about "oh will i get banned" because the answer is no... we do not work like that.... none of you have done anything wrong.

No hit list

no committee kick off

no changes at all to these forums.. everything to run as normal

we dont rule that people cannot join other sites... we aint that stupid... we have a valid reason why we gave certain members a choice. we dont care if your a member of another car club... do i look like the crazy doc from Cannonball run?

Lets all calm down a little and we will at least put a statement up here. Have a little faith at least.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links