Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interior Seats Removed And Floor Carpet Washed

I ripped all the seats out since I had bought a replacement driver seat so I thought I'll remove all the seats and give the carpet a good clean.. Needless to say the waste water was brown!

Removing the seats where very easy..

And I gave the seats a good scrubbing too :) love the leather smell...

post-32321-0-35221700-1421148950_thumb.j

post-32321-0-00041600-1421148962_thumb.j

post-32321-0-56877200-1421148972_thumb.j

post-32321-0-38839100-1421148990_thumb.j

is200 Newbie
I didn't lift the carpet up, only removed all the seats to wash the carpet. Only wires under the seat were for the electric seat, heater/cooler fan and air bag.

Mouser
Do you have manual seat or electric?
I have electric.

Tools Required:

Small flat screw driver +

Torx socket (3 different size bolts)

- Seat Bolts

- Seatbelt Bolt (middle seat)

- Battery Terminal

Front Seats (2 Man Job):
1) Move both front seats forward all the way and undo the bolts (x2) at the rear of each seat.
2) Move front seats back as far as they go (THIS IS IMPORTANT) and undo the front 2 bolts and ensure the backrest is completely upright.
3) Disconnect negative terminal of the Battery and leave the car alone for at least 10mins (this is to prevent the airbags going off).
4) Tilt seat back so you can reach under to disconnect the cables from the seat.
5) You will need another person to help you remove the seat as they are bloody heavy ;)
Notes for step 2 above: If you have the seat forward as far as they go then you will not be able to remove the seat from the car which is why its important to have them slide back as far as they go. This is because of the seat track that will stick out.

Rear Seats (1 man job):
I actually removed these first, and i did them at night time in the dark using just the interior lights (thats how easy they are).

1) There rear seat base is held down by 2 clips you basically need to put your hand in and lift upward, once they unhook, just slide them forward a little and remove (they don't get easier than that)
3) Rear seat backrest require a little more work (4 bolts to be removed + 1 bolt for the middle seat belt) and you have to release the seatbelt from shoulder seatbelt guide.This is done by taking a small flat screwdriver, to the rear of the shoulder guide and inserting it to release the tab (there are 2 for each of the seatbelt excluding the middle seatbelt).

1 x bolt on edge of seat (L+R) side and 2x just below the armrest console (look carefully at my photo if you are unsure).
4) Lift the entire back piece upward (it has 4 hooks) and pull toward you... Does require a little effort.
5) I undid the middle seatbelt bolt to release it from the seat.

Notes:
I've uploaded the technical diagrams below to make make things easy :)

post-32321-0-73350200-1421262112_thumb.p

post-32321-0-93955200-1421262119_thumb.p

post-32321-0-72695600-1421262125_thumb.p

• 1 year later...

Hi,

guys ,just about to start taking my front seats out on my 2001 lexus is 200 but don't want to lose radio settings as code did not come with car,when I disconnect,battery negative and wait for 5 mins,can I connect my Battery powered memory saver unit to the diagnostic port, or will that supply power to the airbags again,?don't want airbags to go off ?

Help,

Dougie orr.

Edited by DOUGLAS ORR
wrong description

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links