Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Possible 450H Gs Purchase

andypower

hello forum.

i currently own a seat leon fr petrol and have done for the past 4 years.

i'm always on auto trader looking at cars and i came across a 450h. Ive done a quick check and these cars look good and the stats for them are great too.

anyway i'm thinking of buying one now but i want to do my homework so i don't buy a lemon.

what should i be looking at if i view and test drive one. how much are the servicing costs and do the hybrid motors fail?

thanks in advance

Hi & welcome

Is it a 2006 that your looking at?

No problems reported with the hybrid motors but a couple have had Battery problems. I would recommend a full Lexus service history on any hybrid, they are a complicated car but can do huge mileage with ease if cared for.

With a 450h, I feel that a FLSH is essential and I would not buy from anyone other than an official Lexus Dealer.

That way you get 12 months (as new) warranty and the opportunity to extend if you wish.

Search this site for Tony Richa and read about his problem.

Regards

John

Yeah ive read the tony Richa thread and I'm shocked.

One thing I can say about seat that their customer service is great. Even now if I have a problem with known items going wrong they'll pay for the repair.

One being a abs problem. If its diagnosed at seat they'll sort it.

After reading the Richa thread I'm more inclined to buy a cheaper gs 450h. Knowing that if the pump goes I can use the money I've saved buying the car to fix it.

Even with full service history they never repaired richas.

Thanks for all your help

Yeah ive read the tony Richa thread and I'm shocked.

One thing I can say about seat that their customer service is great. Even now if I have a problem with known items going wrong they'll pay for the repair.

One being a abs problem. If its diagnosed at seat they'll sort it.

After reading the Richa thread I'm more inclined to buy a cheaper gs 450h. Knowing that if the pump goes I can use the money I've saved buying the car to fix it.

Even with full service history they never repaired richas.

Thanks for all your help

Andy,Look for the thread by Haine/Hayne (Giles) which diagnoses and corrects the problem.

Regards

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links