Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jaguar Xkr

Steve

hmmm i had one park behind me and when looking at both across the street the Jaguar XKR was similar shape to the soarer...

next time you see one take a good ole look at one... very similar

Did you see top gear on sunday the new car from oz looked very much like a soarer and had the performance to match.

Not wanting to throw 'a cat among the pigeons', but the Holden (Aussie car you are reffering to) is based on a Vauxhall Omega....

Are you saying that the Soarer looks similar to an Omega??? (would'nt of said that myself).

As for with the XKR, well, the overall shape, perhaps, but that said, most 2+2 coupe's have a similar design (late 80's early 90's)..

hmmm i had one park behind me and when looking at both across the street the Jaguar XKR was similar shape to the soarer...

next time you see one take a good ole look at one... very similar

Steve

Did your brain crash along with the computers recently :o :duh: :blink:

:lol: u feeling ok steve? hot head? need to lie down?

a client of mine drives an xkr and other than the long sweeping bonnet i would say the similarity ends there but i think as fidgits said most coupes looked the same.

your not looking deep enough

long bonnet

pear shape headlights

the front wing is similar

rear wheel arch simialr

it also shares the same charecteristics as the DB7

Here is an interested peice from Ian at TIF

The DB7 we know and love would not exist if it were not for the Soarer... the original DB7 was a car penned by Ken Greenley and was a pig-ugly wart based on the Virage... they have crushed it since, but it was sinfully ugly... this 'thing' was tested in Arizona in '91/92 and was put up against the then competition... it faired reasonably and was thought a 'goer'... on almost the last day of testing the testers in Arizona saw literally just saw a V8 Soarer drive past them... it was brand new and none had seen this car before... it sounded like a V8 and was with 290hp very damned quick..

The next day after some frantic phone calls to dealers in Texas, one was found and brought to the Desert in Nevada... it blew the entire range of cars assembled away... utterly wiped the floor with them all...

The AM testers packed up shop the next day and the Ken Greenley 'monster' was promptly dropped... Ken Greenley phoned Ian Callum and showed him the desert pics... that DB7 you all love wouldn't even be here without that chance encounter in the Desert...

The reason why the DB7 looks like it does is because it is simply a re-skinned XJS chassis... it wasn't 'til the XK8 that the Ford group could really make a true 'copy', the same engine, the same sub-frame design, the same suspension design including the shockers...

That was 5 years after Toyota had done it all and better with the Soarer...

Next time you see a DB7, and a JAG XKR notice how familer?

slap an XKR behind a soarer and I tell you.. you can see the shape!!

Hmmmmm - can't see it myself other than it's a sleek two door coupe.

Interesting piece about the Aston\Soarer testing though B)

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.

I personally think the new BMW 5 series looks extremely similar to a bloated IS, particularly the front three quarter view :offtopic:

Flame suit zipped right up :whistling:

our old XKR (before it blew BOTH head Gaskets :angry:) looked a little like the DB7 as the Westminster Kit had been ftted to the front end and rear bumper. Great looking Car but would not have said it looked like a Soarer.

Soarer looks very elegant I'll grant you. but the lines are as related as Hillman Imp and a Bristol Beaufighter.

Xan

not saying it is eaxctly the same.. but the styling is similar

for a car thats 12 years old you can see how advanced the soarer was in design.

The soarer was design in california and was destines mainly for the US market only. If manufacturuers are making something that is near as similar in shape then you can see why the soarer is a classic. You cannot deny they are similar... i have seen both in the flesh together.

forget whats inside or how new it is

There's a Jag dealer up the road from me. Maybe when I come to sell the Soarer I'll just park it among the XK's and slap a £25K sticker on it... :winky:

Signed

Optimistic of Shoreham

:P :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links