Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've been using Meguiars mirror glaze, which has done very well for me.

In terms of deep glossy shine, that's much more to do with the cleaning and polishing steps beforehand than the final wax layer. If you've done a thorough clay / buff and don't have a need for paint correction, then you could look into some of the Gtecniq products such as c1 / c2.

You're also going to struggle to get it looking its best when the weather's like this. Grey and overcast tends to make cars look dull.

I've been using a product called long life polish for years (so long I dont even think its produced anymore, but I bought a big can of it, so I'll be ok for a few more years) and it gives brilliant results. But, as Mouser pointed out, the best results are from a clay preparation. I recently bought a farecla g3 clay mitt and the result on both my car and van where amazing.

The polish(couldn't find it anywhere else!)....http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/41922/valetpro-long-life-car-polish

The mitt........http://www.halfords.com/motoring/cleaning-products/detailing-products/farecla-g3-body-prep-clay-mitt

Sorry, but I haven't learnt how to post links properly yet!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, gotta say. What products, yes there are not cheap but boy are they great. I've used most products meguires giving the best shine till now. Swissvax gave the best shine I have ever seen on mine or other vehicles. Even when it was at the local Lexus garage, it out sparkled a brand new being picked up is300. The guy picking it up noticed and commented lol poor sales bloke. I would recommend these to anyone who is like me a ocd car detailer (not cleaner)

Ill be honest mate - I used to be into these high end "show waxes" and the like. I managed to get hold of Soft99 Fusso. Lasts a good 6 months, looks great and beading is insane! Best water behaviour Ive ever seen.

Fusso and Meguiars Mirror Glaze #16 are unbeatable for what they cost! Fusso is a sealant costing maybe £23 max and Megs #16 is a wax.

A proper wax should not be adding any sort of shine to a car - its for protection. The shine comes from polishing or by using a glaze. No point in getting an expensive wax when there are ones like Collinite, Meguiars, FK1000P and Fusso around. They all look the same in a blind test anyway - its just a placebo!

Ask any pro detailer - waxes add F all shine unless they're loaded with gloss enhancers or fillers. A pure wax should add no shine whatsoever.

Your front tyre looks nearly bald, and ill suited to winter! I find it easy to break traction even on winter tyres... I'd end up stuck / breaking a wheel if I ran my summers around here at the moment. Having said that, we had sheet ice at the end of the road this morning, so perhaps I'm being unfair on the car.

Back on topic, Rayaans is right, it's the prep work that really determines how the car ends up looking. Properly cleaned dried, clayed, polished and waxed my car looks better than new, but this time of year I'm usually only doing a jetwash 1-2x per week to remove the salt and grime, with a monthly proper wash.

Looks a lot better from that angle tread wise. I'd still advise getting winter tyres, but I'm a bit biased having been stuck once and living on a road that is crazily icy right now.

What tyres are you running on the rears?

Also, if you care, it's often a good idea to blank out your number plate. See this thread for how problems can arise.

Still, doesn't looks like a ten year old car! :)

2 x pirelli on the back, 2 michelen on the front, they are not nanyak deluxe from china. :P

I have not thought about the plate tbh., its not a 10 year old car btw.

Ah, that would explain the 08 in your profile. That'll teach me to read a plate properly rather than just the numbers :blush:

Good to see you're not running Nankang ditchfinders... which many were when I was searching for mine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links