Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I was driving back home today, and took a junction quite quickly to nip in front of some traffic.

Once I got round the junction, the car continued to surge forward even after I let go of the accelerator. Revs banging along at about 3500.

After slamming on the brakes, and having the engine labour against the stopped car at about 2500, I dropped it into neutral, the revs jumped and then dropped back down to idle.

I was able to get the last bit of the way home without incident.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Beat me to it. I discovered that it was the mat. It had slipped forwards slightly.

So, if you pressed the accelerator hard, the edge of the pedal would slip under the mat, and the mat would stop the pedal from coming up.

Ah. I've got the hooks for the mats, but the problem is that they don't stay locked into the holes in the car's carpet- they pop out. In this case, I hadn't noticed because I hadn't cleaned the car recently due to weather.

This is basically exactly what happened to me:

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2009/09/explaining-the-toyota-floormat-recall.html

Looking on eBay, it appears that there is a new design of hook which actually locks into the carpet - although it doesn't appear to be available in the UK.

looking at the pics in the link Mark, I'm pretty certain that the hooks fitted in my 09 are different and 'curl' over the top of the carpet more, try some of the breakers and see if they have any off a later model. For the cost it might cure it for you.

I have been after some mat clips myself and was unsure about getting the correct ones on eBay. My IS had no mats when I bought it so I got some IS tailored mats from Halfords. I mentioned I was wanting some clips to secure the drivers mat to the dealer when I had my IS in for the fuel sensor recall yesterday. When I picked it up they had supplied and fitted for free. Might be worth trying a lexus fealer - they are £12 to buy I think.

The service guy also commented that although not official Lexius mats they were a very good fit.

I had tried a Toyota main delaer first assuming they probably had the same comonent for less, but they were not sure on which Lexus models the clips thay had would match - they only had reference to the matching Toyata models.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links