Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Update - False economy I'm afraid. Had OEM sensors fitted by my local garage - but - no change - dare I say it he thinks now it could be an electrical fault - cant go on like this any longer so having to book the car into my nearest Lexus agent (40 miles away) and face the consequences. Should have done that in the first place - bigger fool me - lesson learnt.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got 2 of the Denso 234-9051 sensors in from the U.S. cost me £130 incl shipping for both so fantastic price, can post the link if anyone else wants to order them in...

Other note: I've not had any engine light, just changing mines out of precaution and also cause I sense a rich fuel smell everytime I get out of the car which I never used to get. Car at 82k.

Thanks for the update seaside shuffle.

I've had a quick look at the wiring diagram. Much to my surprise, the sensor 1 oxygen sensors have their own power supply. There is a 15A fuse and relay which supply both S1 sensors. The fuse and relay are both in the big fuse box on the passenger side of the engine bay (the square one next to the long thin one).

Hi Muzy: Local Lexus agent quoted £622 to supply and fit the two Pre-Cat sensors. The OEM sensors alone are near as dam it £200 each. (2 fitted)

Got my local guy to do it for 500 using genuine components.- so yes was expensive but not expensive and a definite need to have. Lexus informed me that they do encourage replacement after 75000 miles. Anyway job done with the cars response feeling great.

£500 - that's quite expensive for an indie garage - in fact very expensive ....

Took me (and I have not done anything like this before) 1 hour 45 mins to change both so 1 hour 30 would be quite acceptable from a mechanic - cost to me for the original Denso sensors was £150 so £350 labour is a lot of money .... we are in the wrong jobs!!!!

but as I found out and like you say, its recommended to do them around 70k miles so it is a worthwhile job, I noticed a big difference after replacing mine.

Went to install the lambda sensor today and gave up.... U need tiny hands to get in there or Is it just my gorilla hands that couldn't fit in to the tight space! There just isn't much space to move the tool, might need to get hold of long handle spanner.. On the plus side modded the intake box with extra hole.. turned into growling bad boyee :) well happy with end result

• 3 weeks later...

Added a deeper throatier sound to the car intake without actually upgrading/changing anything.

Just cut the extra hole on the normal intake box to match f-sport intake box as per:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/attachments/performance/213478d1308308911-solution-f-sport-high-flow-air-filter-w-high-flow-lower-intake-box-only-f-sport-vs-stock-intake.jpg

It's worth it trust me.....

Our American friends have been doing this for a while now, all say it has amazing sound results.

I had initially ordered the dry filter and joez intake pipe, but after ready in the US forums about simply modding the intake box to match the f-sport intake box you could achieve a nice deep growl sound above 3000 rpm and it was true so i cancelled the order for the joez pipe and dry filter..

I have a nice sounding car without have to declare it as mod to the insurance company.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links