Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Question

I have been with them 9 yrs and in august i will not be with them, i would not recommend them to my worst enermy.

I had a car written off 2 yrs ago tree squashed the car while at a funeral, from start to getting payed out was one knightmare after another, then the

cheeky b******* put a mark against me with protected no claims, i informed them i will pursue it further then they removed it. And as stated above

outcome the same i was doing the work i pay them for an absoloute shower of you know what.

When it comes to insurance companies I go for the cheapest deal and this is why -

1) its highly unlikely im going to claim on it unless I get hit or hit someone, or my car is severely vandalised ie petrol bombed or sprayed all over with brake fluid (or something of that severity)

2) Ive been with 40+ different insurance companies, I switch every year on both cars - they all have crap customer service anyway when something needs changing - even when you go for a company which is defaqto rated. ATM I am with Chris Knott and fingers crossed, I have had no problems, even when some details needed changing (other companies take the ***** sometimes and try to charge you admin costs when they got it wrong in the first place)

3) Paying extra doesnt necessarily give you better return if you do crash your car. They'll all give you rock bottom trade price if you have an accident and the car is written off and they all give you a new car in the first year and if you are the first owner so there's barely any difference in policies apart from if you add extras

3) Paying extra doesnt necessarily give you better return if you do crash your car. They'll all give you rock bottom trade price if you have an accident and the car is written off and they all give you a new car in the first year and if you are the first owner so there's barely any difference in policies apart from if you add extras

This is where agreed value policies come in. If your Lexus really is your pride & joy then I would definitely recommend getting an agreed value policy, it saves any debate and delay if the worst does happen. I have one of these on my Supra, due to its rarity.

This is where agreed value policies come in. If your Lexus really is your pride & joy then I would definitely recommend getting an agreed value policy, it saves any debate and delay if the worst does happen. I have one of these on my Supra, due to its rarity.

The ones ive checked always seem to have certain criteria you need to fill eg:

1) Car must be over 20 years old

2) Driven less than 5000 miles a year

3) Not your main car

4) Named drivers over a certain age etc etc

I am with Lexus------5000 miles p.a. £324.

Been with them since I retired in 2003.Service whenever I have had an issue has been superb.

Tel

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links