Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Auto Dimming Mirrors

Guys, question for you. On your ISF's do your wing mirrors dim?

My rear view dims when headlights hit it at night but I thought we had auto dimming wing mirrors too?

Am I wrong?

My rear view mirror turns green but wing mirrors don't. I think they may dim slightly but can't tell for sure. They definitely don't turn green like the rear view mirror.

The wing mirrors definitely dim. In fact the other day very bright street lights hit the sensor and switched of the dimming, and the difference was huge! Couldn't stand the glare from the headlights behind me.

The wing mirrors definitely dim. In fact the other day very bright street lights hit the sensor and switched of the dimming, and the difference was huge! Couldn't stand the glare from the headlights behind me.

What colour did they dim to?

• Like 1

Do they dim the same colour as the interior rear view mirror, i.e. green?

Do they dim the same colour as the interior rear view mirror, i.e. green?

What colour did they dim to?

Never really noticed but I think they go blue/green, I'll have a closer look tomorrow. They don't dim as dark as the rear view mirror.

Checked today, looks like a blueish tint when they dim. Hard to tell though if the color is influenced by the environment. Also I think they only dim if the rear view dims. If you have headlights on your wing mirror and not on the rear view mirror, then it doesn't seem to dim at all.

• Like 1

I would be gob smacked if something like auto diming mirrors are faulty. It's just a sensor on one of the mirrors that detects the light and dims the mirror. Possible I guess but I'd be surprised.As long as you don't get glare they are fine.

I'm pretty sure on the GS, the mirrors were run from the same sensor as the rear view mirror, when it dimmed, the sides did too (and would un-dim in reverse along with the rear view mirror). If someone has clattered the mirrors, they may have changed the glass for cheaper ones though (multiple hundreds of pounds for genuine items I believe)

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Looking carefully at mine I think they do dim the same colour but the dimming is not as visible as the interior rear view mirror. I only noticed it when reversing out of a dark garage. I don't get glare so they must be working. I don't think it would show up well if I took a photo.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links