Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Rx450H Test Drive

Congrats. Be sure to post pics up when delivered. Probably looks exactly like mine! :P

The leather is very soft so it marks easily - I have a scuff on the rear door due to my heavy work bag. On delivery make sure all wheels are the same colour - they're pretty much impossible to get right if kerbed

Congrats. Be sure to post pics up when delivered. Probably looks exactly like mine! :P

The leather is very soft so it marks easily - I have a scuff on the rear door due to my heavy work bag. On delivery make sure all wheels are the same colour - they're pretty much impossible to get right if kerbed

Thank you. Good advice. Our 2011 IS 250 had water marks inside the lacquer when the car was delivered. Lexus were unable to match the colour of the wheels so all 4 had to be refurb a darker colour and as luck would have it, they actually look much better and are still pristine after nearly 4 years. The wheels looked all the same colour when I test drove the car and I took a cloth to clean them after to ensure none of them were starting to bubble, but I will double check the colour again

I will post some pictures when it arrives but yes it probably is identical to yours. Best colour IMO

Yep Arctic pearl looks awesome when the sun hits it! The wheels are very hard wearing unlike past Lexus wheels. No bubbling on mine and I've kerbed one of them and it's been the same for 2 years :)

Yep Arctic pearl looks awesome when the sun hits it! The wheels are very hard wearing unlike past Lexus wheels. No bubbling on mine and I've kerbed one of them and it's been the same for 2 years :)

oh that is good news. It is about time the wheels were sorted out!

• Like 1

Just a couple more questions as we await the arrival of the RX.

1, I assumed that the sat nav has full post code entry as my IS250 does, so did not check on the test drive. Am i correct in thinking this?

2 Does the car have a cambelt or chain?

3 What is the DAB like. Does it pick up a good range of stations and how have people found the signal in general?

thanks again

Hi FA. Yes full 7 digit UK postcode search.

I personally think the DAB is pretty good, although the RX is the first car I've had a DAB radio in so others might be better qualified to answer - for the national stations never misses on the 120 mile drive I do twice a week.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Just a couple more questions as we await the arrival of the RX.

1, I assumed that the sat nav has full post code entry as my IS250 does, so did not check on the test drive. Am i correct in thinking this?

2 Does the car have a cambelt or chain?

3 What is the DAB like. Does it pick up a good range of stations and how have people found the signal in general?

thanks again

1 - Navigation has full postcode entry. When you go on the Nav and click on destination a page will come up which wont have "postcode" on it. However on the top right corner near the back button, there'll be an option to go onto the 2nd page which has the full postcode entry. I couldnt find it at first lol!

2 - As far as Im aware all the 3.5l Lexus engines after year 2009 have a chain

3 - My DAB is fine - picks up most if not all stations. Pretty clear too but I still prefer the USB for listening to music!

Thanks for the replies everyone. Car should be with us tomorrow morning but I am at work so wont see it until the evening :(

The car arrived this morning with a bunch of flowers for my wife. Very happy. I will post some pictures when it is light! Just another quick question. Does the car have to be unlocked for the power tail gate to work via the key fob? All it does it beep when I try to open it with the fob when the car is locked

• Like 1

The car arrived this morning with a bunch of flowers for my wife. Very happy. I will post some pictures when it is light! Just another quick question. Does the car have to be unlocked for the power tail gate to work via the key fob? All it does it beep when I try to open it with the fob when the car is locked

Yes the car does have to be unlocked. I was confused to the reason behind this just after I bought the car but it was an eye opener when the dealer told me the reason behind it!

Its because some people sit on their keys or press them by accident leaving the boot open outside for intruders or rain to get in. Same with the window opening feature which is disabled to stop people waking up to wet cars after pressing the fob by accident

Yes the car does have to be unlocked. I was confused to the reason behind this just after I bought the car but it was an eye opener when the dealer told me the reason behind it!

Its because some people sit on their keys or press them by accident leaving the boot open outside for intruders or rain to get in. Same with the window opening feature which is disabled to stop people waking up to wet cars after pressing the fob by accident

Ah that makes sense. I thought that i had done something wrong! I am happy that you can also close the tail gate with the fob. This is not possible on my friends E class Estate.

Ah that makes sense. I thought that i had done something wrong! I am happy that you can also close the tail gate with the fob. This is not possible on my friends E class Estate.

Its a good feature - closing with the fob has been around since 2004, possibly earlier as my 2004 RX300 allowed the tailgate to be closed with the fob too!

Anyways - be sure to get us a review on the car and some pics (theyre mandatory) :P

Its a good feature - closing with the fob has been around since 2004, possibly earlier as my 2004 RX300 allowed the tailgate to be closed with the fob too!

Anyways - be sure to get us a review on the car and some pics (theyre mandatory) :P

The car arrived on Wednesday and so far we haven't really driven it much, just 20 miles because we were waiting to install the Lexus Dog Guard and modify the Lexus boot liner to fit this weekend. We will start using the car from tomorrow so I will have a full review by next weekend. I am also hoping to get some good weather so that I can give it a good clean and put a couple of layers of wax on it.

Anyway, from the limited running so far, we are very happy with the car and so is our Great Dane :). I love how smooth everything is and the Mark Levinson system is brilliant ( although this can not be turned up with the dog in the car!). Visibility is good and there is a nice turn of speed when it is required. I am a big fan of the Head Up Display. I initially thought that it was not level so checked it against a spirit level and it was perfectly horizontal. I then realised it was because the dash curved away towards the edge of the windscreen.

I am a bit annoyed that the Bluetooth phone system does not recognise numbers with the +44 prefix, same problem on our IS250 and easily resolved by removing this prefix on our phones, but annoying nonetheless. I also have not been able to get the Lexus Connective Service feature working as we are both with EE and I cannot find all of the settings on the internet. I refuse to believe that we are the only people with a Lexus using phones on the EE network!

The car arrived on Wednesday and so far we haven't really driven it much, just 20 miles because we were waiting to install the Lexus Dog Guard and modify the Lexus boot liner to fit this weekend. We will start using the car from tomorrow so I will have a full review by next weekend. I am also hoping to get some good weather so that I can give it a good clean and put a couple of layers of wax on it.

Anyway, from the limited running so far, we are very happy with the car and so is our Great Dane :). I love how smooth everything is and the Mark Levinson system is brilliant ( although this can not be turned up with the dog in the car!). Visibility is good and there is a nice turn of speed when it is required. I am a big fan of the Head Up Display. I initially thought that it was not level so checked it against a spirit level and it was perfectly horizontal. I then realised it was because the dash curved away towards the edge of the windscreen.

I am a bit annoyed that the Bluetooth phone system does not recognise numbers with the +44 prefix, same problem on our IS250 and easily resolved by removing this prefix on our phones, but annoying nonetheless. I also have not been able to get the Lexus Connective Service feature working as we are both with EE and I cannot find all of the settings on the internet. I refuse to believe that we are the only people with a Lexus using phones on the EE network!

Glad you are enjoying the car - it gets better over time, unlike the german brands!

I cant help with the Bluetooth phone system im afraid, I dont use it - just use the speaker on my phone as my Battery goes really quickly when using Bluetooth lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links