Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealer Servicing Costs - Here We Go Again!

ACEA C3 is very similar to C2 (it's also suitable for diesels with DPFs) but without the fuel economy requirements.

Now - does the formulation of the oil (as opposed to viscosity etc) make any noticeable difference to real world fuel economy?

Debate......

Aye, AFAIK c2 and c3 have the same mid saps 0.8% ash content, the only difference bring a very slight fuel economy requirement difference. I'm the C3 wouldn't do any harm to the 220, but I thought I may as well stick with the C2 as advised by lexus themselves. I used Millers which is great value and is very well regarded. But that GM stuff is incredible value, if I had a 250 I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

I would be amazed if there was any real world difference in fuel economy between C2/C3.

Both our IS250s and our RX 450h when it arrives are cared for under the Lexus service plan which I find is not bad value for money. Lexus is a prestige brand so higher then normal prices are to be expected. Yes servicing your car yourself will always save you money and good effort for people that take time to do this. We also have a 2003 Yaris T sport which I enjoy tinkering with but I leave the Lexus cars to the dealers. Each to their own

Both our IS250s and our RX 450h when it arrives are cared for under the Lexus service plan which I find is not bad value for money. Lexus is a prestige brand so higher then normal prices are to be expected. Yes servicing your car yourself will always save you money and good effort for people that take time to do this. We also have a 2003 Yaris T sport which I enjoy tinkering with but I leave the Lexus cars to the dealers. Each to their own

Totally agree - my service plan on the RX450h is £998 for 3 services - its the RRG Platinum service plan so I get 10% off parts, labour and accessories, a courtesy car from the hybrid range for a few days or priority collection and delivery, a free full valet every year (im OCD about my paint being scratched but the valet guys are really good blokes and take great care of the car - seen them in action), free summer and winter checks, free entry to the golf club etc. Pretty pleased with it in all honesty, even KWIK fit charge a good £225 for a service and treat it like a pile of dirt

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links