Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My system has the hard drive Sat Nav with USB connection.

I have my Iphone connected both as a phone and as a Bluetooth player so I can play music from it.

I am trying to add my wife's Iphone as a second phone.

I get to the Add New Phone screen and press New and it says 'Another Bluetooth device is connected - do you want to disconnect it?'

I assume it's talking about my Iphone as a Bluetooth player and no I don't want to disconnect it.

Any suggestions?

I don't believe it is possible to connect two devices at once, i.e. have a phone profile to one device and an audio profile to another at the same time.

You need to disconnect your phone completely to register your wife's phone, you then choose which phone you want connected - at which point all supported profiles will attach.

A bit confused now...

So if I go ahead and disconnect my phone I can then register my wife's phone ?

(is there a difference between 'registering' and 'connecting'?)

Then do I reconnect my phone and will both phones work (individually) through the hands free?

Are your phone and your audio device both connected via Bluetooth?

My Iphone is connected via Bluetooth both as a phone and separately as a Bluetooth audio player.

I wonder... if you cannot connect more than one phone how come there are 6 available 'Add New Phone' buttons...?

You can register multiple phones, you just cannot have more than one connected at any one time.

If your phone is connected to the vehicle both as a phone and music device you must disconnect both functions to register another phone. If after you are done you select your phone again it will connect both as a phone and a music player again.

What you cannot do is connect to your wife's phone as a phone and your phone as a music player at the same time - the system will only communicate to one physical device at any one time.

Thanks Colin.

You can register multiple phones, you just cannot have more than one connected at any one time.

Sure OK

If your phone is connected to the vehicle both as a phone and music device you must disconnect both functions to register another phone. If after you are done you select your phone again it will connect both as a phone and a music player again.

OK thanks I will try this. Hopefully after I have disconnected my iPhone and registered my wife's phone both will work.

What you cannot do is connect to your wife's phone as a phone and your phone as a music player at the same time - the system will only communicate to one physical device at any one time.

Yes I understand the system can only use one device at any one time.

You will have to select yes to disconnect your existing phone to register the new one. It will be disconnected, you will register your wife's phone which will connect etc. then when you are finished you can select your phone again and it will reconnect - both as a phone and a music player.

Once both phones are registered you have to select which one you want to use and the vehicle will remember that preference and will always try and connect to that phone until you change the selection. Unfortunately it won't auto connect to whichever phone is in the car.

After doing this I wonder if each phone will work automatically

or if, when either of us make a call, it will ask me to select something on the screen (not so good)

We'll see... anyway it's given me something to do on Easter Monday - I'll let you know how I get on.

Only the phone you select to be active will be able to do anything. You have to manually switch from one phone to the other by going into the settings, you are either using one phone or another. This selection is purely done on the vehicle, you cannot alter that with anything you do on the phone.

Only the phone you select to be active will be able to do anything. You have to manually switch from one phone to the other by going into the settings, you are either using one phone or another.

I'll just leave mine connected then.

Don't want to bother going into Settings etc each time she wants to use her phone.

After all hands free is really for the driver (me) and she can use hers in the usual way - no big deal.

Just wondered if it could automatically used hands free for either phone.

Thanks for all your help!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links