Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oh Those Dreaded Warning Lights

I own a 2006 IS 250 with the Ben Levison sound and sat nav system today I was confronted with a set of lights RED WARNING TRIANGLE with exclamation mark VSC CHECK and the traction control light as well as the engine management light, the car has 57k and I am going to book it in for it's 60k service this week. ..but c'mon guys as soon as I walk into the garage you know what the mechanic's think appart from the obvious, is how much wonga we can open her purse for with some engineering gobbledygook it is like a kinda sport isn't it? ......mind you not all garages are like that I know, but they are the ones that fold first.

what's it gonna cost me guys?

Also have Lexus had any recall issues, with lambda sensors or ECU's just in case it is any of them. ....The car has a full Lexus stealer service. ......... like £4.30 + vat for washer fluid! £19 for engine flush, buy a gallon of 5w30 QXL oil for that, the best engine flush 4tec is only £12 a pop..........

So guys to sum up warning klaxons red triangle VSC engine management and traction control lights

And one more thing my sound system or somewhere behind the central dash is an annoying ticking fan sound even if the blower is off does the hi fi have a cooling fan like a laptop does?

Any help would be appreciated chaps

• Like 1

Hi mate, best you invest in a OB2 code reader. my family had a Golf 2 years ago which just loved throwing up engine management light codes, about 3 times a year was a must for it to do so, only had 50k miles, tatty car. Anyway, had the car for 3 year, had 9 diagnostics done within that time. Each diagnostic cost us £40 (me being too young back then and not knowing anything about cars we paid), total £360 wasted. Then when I sold the car, literally 1 month later I thought of buying and selling cars, got my first car to sell and engine management light was on. I dident wanna spend cash on it so looked for alternative.

Went on eBay and brought this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/300964943421?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

costs £12 and
does the same job!!! I was literally kicking my self after finding this out.
Since then Ive used it on about 15 cars engine management light clearing and
reading codes, works like a charm, reliable and most importantly saves you
cash! I even lend it out to people £15 and they can do unlimited checks (im 16
so nice little weekend earning ). Good luck and dont let
dealers fob you off! Dealers try to rob me and my mum when we go to the
dealers, like ''oh your this needs changing, and that needs changing''. I just
end up getting really cocky and answer them back and question them about the
work into such extent detail when they start to stutter cose they dunno what
their talking about, they get the message.

Just want to add, your only problem is the engine management light, on Lexus and Toyota's it triggers the VSC and traction control. It just makes it much more scarier but in real terms its very likely to be a O2 sensor and not worrying. Also dont go Lexus, they will charge you £70 + for just diagnostics!!!

Also have Lexus had any recall issues, with lambda sensors or ECU's just in case it is any of them

And one more thing my sound system or somewhere behind the central dash is an annoying ticking fan sound even if the blower is off does the hi fi have a cooling fan like a laptop does?

Welcome Cruella :)

No recalls that I'm aware of.

Not sure on your vehicle but certainly the current generation system does have a fan.

Get the diagnostic code read and let you know the results - we can then better advise how much you should be paying for the repair.

Ta very much guys will be Checking out the code tomorrow as the daughter has a Autella VAG code reader obd2 so I hope hers does not just read the codes for her Audi TT keep you updated chaps

The faults read O2 sensor signal stuck lean bank 1 P2195

And O2 sensor circuit high volts bank 1 sensor 2 P0138

So I am assuming that I have 2 dodgy O2 sensors

Does anyone know what P2195 & P0138 mean?, does it refer to what parts have gone belly up ?

My daughters obd2 VAG reader read all the codes so that was ok

Like to add the car runs sweet enough, but the last oil filter oil air filter change went not so well, the car has been serviced at Lexus Teesside from new 3400 miles ago I took it for a service with a mechanic I been using for 30 years Paul Castree of Redcar (pauls autos) he could not remove the oil filter at all so tight was it that the engine was rocking on its mountings he was worried that he might break the alloy filter housing so till we figured out what .."... he changed the oil, the car has 55k on not 57k I mentioned earlier and the last Lexus service was at 46k

I have not hooked up my obd scanner to my car but I dont think these cheap ones can deal with many codes, such as VSA and other electrical faults. But for what you pay it is a good investment.

being an is250 I never had a need to use my scanner yet.

P2195 is the only code you need to worry about and it looks like you need a new Air/Fuel ratio sensor. The other fault is from another sensor further down the exhaust however it is just detecting the problems caused by the first sensor being faulty.

A genuine Denso sensor from Lexus will cost around £220. A Denso OEM sensor imported from the US will cost around £120. Shouldn't take a mechanism more than 30 mins to install.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links