Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Brake Pads

200h

has anyone tried the EBC ultimate pads(formerly known as black)

how do they compare to the oem pads

i can get front and rear from demon tweaks for £49.13 inc vat & p&p

I tried them on my LS400 fronts, too much squeal, too much dust, with the car being automatic creeping up to the end of the garage was difficult as they tended to lock or release no smooth transistion between,same in slow stop start traffic felt and sounded like the ABS was kicking in coming to a complete stop.

Personally I'd look elsewhere, I find OEM the best all round.

Be careful what you are doing when you change the pads. There is a device which pumps up the brakes as soon as you approach the car with the keys.... this same device still tries to work when you are working on the brakes. I believe that there is a Utube article about this for generation 3 prius brakes. They recommend unlocking the car and opening the drivers door and then taking the keys well away from the car prior to disconnecting the Battery and prior to tinkering with the brakes. Also I seem to remember somebody muttering something about fluid sensing. I cant remember whether this was a prius owner or a prius dealer though. Pardon the reference to prius but the braking systems are very similar to the CT.

Apparently it isn't just a case of crushed fingers if you get it wrong, its a case of loading it onto a breakdown truck for it to be carried to the lexus dealer to be reset. There is an article on u tube by an unfortunate american chap who got it wrong. The automatic device kicked in and triggered a fault which rendered the car inoperable and unable to be moved.

I read somewhere that this device has to be built into the car in order to provide a brake servo when the car is running on electricity.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links