Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's funny that you only start learning about your 'new' car after you've paid your money and driven it home.

There's probably about as many things you should have asked as the the ones you remembered to ask.

It took about 12 months to transform my previous car (BMW 525i) to the car I thought I had bought and it looks like the Lexus is going to be the same.

One thing that became apparent before I drove away, is I only had one key. It's a little hard to start re-negotiating after you've paid, so it something I have to sort later.

I've looked around the internet and there's talk of master keys, sub keys, key ID tags etc. etc.

All I have is one key fob. I don't know if it's the master or what and I have no ID tag.

Does anyone know the best way to obtain a spare?

hi

if your key performs the keyless entry and start functions then you are ok. Best and most haslefree way to do it is order through your local lexus dealer - i have been quoted £180 to supply and program the key.

dont be tempted into buying a second hand key and programming it - the "smart" start side of things can only be done by the dealer.

words of advise - if you only have one key - its better, cheaper and advisable to get a replacement through a lexus dealer - if you lose both keys you will need to get a replacement ECU to get new keys which costs thousands.

Thanks, I've emailed Lexus to see what they say but it's worth bearing in mind.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links