Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loud Crack From Dash Or Windscreen

We shall call it a "feature"!

LOL :) It's a common problem with the IS because the dash is attached to the car with plastic clips (windshield retainers). These windshield retainers bonded to the lower edge of the windshield cause a creak, tick, or rattle noise at the top or bottom of the windshield.

Same on my car when it was new and my dealer fixed it.

Just take your car to the dealer and let them fix it for you. There is a service note for this problem.

Yes there is a TSIB on this and the dealerships do fix it free of charge if you are under warranty. The problem however is that in order to fix this problem, the dealerships pull out the entire dash and insulate the retainer clips with sound deadening felt. But in the process of doing this, they cause rattles to occur in other places. I had mines done by the dealerships and about 8 months later the sound returned with a few extra ones coming from all over the dash because of the dash removal. I did however manage to trace all the creaks and rattles and sorted them myself, without removing the dash or anything.

Yes there is a TSIB on this and the dealerships do fix it free of charge if you are under warranty. The problem however is that in order to fix this problem, the dealerships pull out the entire dash and insulate the retainer clips with sound deadening felt. But in the process of doing this, they cause rattles to occur in other places. I had mines done by the dealerships and about 8 months later the sound returned with a few extra ones coming from all over the dash because of the dash removal. I did however manage to trace all the creaks and rattles and sorted them myself, without removing the dash or anything.

Sounds interesting.

I don't suppose you have a list of creaks and cures do you? I haven't had the cracking noise from the screen (yet!) but have a creaky dash and have a feeling that it won't be the last.

I had the same concern when I asked my dealer to fix it. The tech did a good job though. Now a year later I have no more noise from the center dash area. BTW, before the fix it sounds like I'm getting multiple stone chips on the windscreen. :crybaby: It was pretty bad. I also had a super annoying click-click-click noise from behind. A new technician at my dealership finally found what cause this noise and the solution was to remove the entire rear glass and re-glue it back. :blink: Now I have almost no more weird noise! The only thing is that all these problems took a year to get addressed with multiple visit at my dealer. Every time I'm there I get this "Nooo, not him again!!!" look from the service advisor. Quite entertaining actually. :lol:

Thanks for the replys. I thought at times that the windscreen was going to cave in because of a temperature difference or that a brick had been thrown from another vehicle.

I will contact the dealer on Monday and get it looked at.

Cheers!!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links