Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for RCF

Hi All,

Mate wants to buy an RCF:

Exterior Black (v.important)

Interior: Black Leather (negotiable)

Other stuff(s): TVD (Desirable) + Sunroof  (Highly Desirable) + ML (Desirable)

I've been ringing around the garages of the ones we've selected online.

We've come to realise that there are substantial savings in getting an ex-demo, especially as the dealers aren't moving much on the new car.

Do you know any dealers who perhaps don't advertise on Autotrader and the Lexus used cars page please ?

He is looking to place an order this week and I thought I'd request your esteemed guidance please.

TIA

AK

As there are only around 90 RC-F 's in private hands i think it will be very unlikely you find the exact  one your looking for, if any for sale at all.  the rest are at main dealerships, i no Sidcup have a black one, ask to speak to Bradley, tell him i sent you he will give you the best deal he can.

if you would like i can get any information you require, i am not far away so i can also take any photos you may want or just have a general look around it, 

http://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/used-RC-F/RC-F/5.0/Bolton/4186991-605332666-1607042.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

The one above is black/red with TVD/ML/SUNROOF and Adaptive Cruise control - i.e its fully loaded and its under £50k.

You should be able to grab it for £47-48k, they've had it a while but don't expect less than that.

Must have cost a good £65k new that one

Yup Thanks, been discussing with Bolton, but for some reason their GFV is very very low...(great guys though, been flexible with our needs)

Actually all the dealers put the GFV after 2 years to near enough 25k,(max 27k) which is weird because the website Lexus fiance offer indicates that after 42 months (3.5 years) the GFV is 23.5k

What it boils down to is that Lexus dealerships and Lexus Finance themselves are not convinced the car is going to hold its value at all....

19 hours ago, A_K said:

Yup Thanks, been discussing with Bolton, but for some reason their GFV is very very low...(great guys though, been flexible with our needs)

Actually all the dealers put the GFV after 2 years to near enough 25k,(max 27k) which is weird because the website Lexus fiance offer indicates that after 42 months (3.5 years) the GFV is 23.5k

What it boils down to is that Lexus dealerships and Lexus Finance themselves are not convinced the car is going to hold its value at all....

The GFV is just a random price plucked from the sky. The car WILL be worth much more than that after 2 years. Essentially it means thats the lowest price your car will be worth which is very very unlikely.

If you think of it in another way - you can buy the car for £25k from them and sell it at £35-40k which is what its real value will be. Or, you can just use the trade value (again going to be much higher than the GFV) to trade it in and get another Lexus.

So, in conclusion the GFV doesn't really matter at all, its just a random figure someone has come up with and bears no resembelance to what the car will be worth in the future. Its just a figure to make customers think that they're "safe" and won't lose "everything", sort of like a legal protection racket lmao

Ill give you an example. The list price of my RX was £53650, which I paid in cash. The 3 year plans had a GFV of £23k. My car is now nearly 4 years old and I can get £23k part exchange currently. Last year it would have been about £27k part exchange.

Something which just struck me - The bolton car is just over a year old. The Lexus website is talking about GFV on new cars. Therefore, the Lexus Bolton car only needs 2.5 years to hit the 42 months old landmark whereas the NEW car will take its full 42 months. Sooo the £25k figure does actually make a lot of sense as its the GFV for 42 months which will take less time for a 1 year old £49925 car to get to than the £65k BRAND NEW car.

Hope that makes a bit of sense. Still, the car will almost certainly be worth more than £23k at 3 years old. There are 6 year old ISFs going for more than that.

Sorry Rayaans I wasnt clear on the numbers..

The bolton car came back with a GFV of £13k (They have now adjusted it)

Most Ex-Demos I've seen come back with a GFV of 25k

New Finance offers I've seen come back at £27k

All the above are on 2 year deals.

The GFV has the significance of lowering your monthlies, its not about what the car will be worth in the case I outlined.

11 hours ago, A_K said:

Sorry Rayaans I wasnt clear on the numbers..

The bolton car came back with a GFV of £13k (They have now adjusted it)

Most Ex-Demos I've seen come back with a GFV of 25k

New Finance offers I've seen come back at £27k

All the above are on 2 year deals.

The GFV has the significance of lowering your monthlies, its not about what the car will be worth in the case I outlined.

OK got you. £13k is awfully low for a GFV! Don't really know what they're playing at. The other alternative of course would be to get the cheque book out and pay it in one lump.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links