Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got a pass with no advisories today - happy day.

Members with long memories may recall that when I imported the car last year it failed its first MOT on the alignment of the nearside headlight. The garage sucked their teeth and warned me it's connected to the self-levelling suspension and could be expensive. I got it home, found an adjuster, lined the lights up on the garage door, went back and got my ticket. 

Today's inspector (different station) said it only passed after they discovered the reason the NS headlamp pattern was wrong was that the bulb was in upside down. Seems strange to me, but hey - I have a ticket!

Good luck to all on their tests

Jon

• Like 3

Always good news a straight pass with no advisories, mine has failed twice in 10 years, once on lower balljoints and last time on corroded rear brake pipes but never had any advisories,can't grumble for a 22 year old car, most at that age have been crushed by now.

A couple more years and it may hit the 100,000 mile mark.

• Like 3

Love these stories. We must remember not to get too complacent chaps (and chapesses) with our wonderful LS 400's. Other makes DO NOT come anywhere near the quality we come to accept.

Can you think of other makes with high mileages, that come close?

Waiting for the tirade! ??????????????????????????????????

I fitted an HID bulb once (unnecessarily as it turned out, I'd borrowed a fuse and later forgot to replace it,--doh!) and they can only go in one way by design. Don't understand the 'upside down' comment.

.....  I had to have a new headlamp bulb fitted for the MOT a few years back, the bulb had physically deteriorated ( 19 years old I think ) to the point that the butt end was a little fragile and wasn't permanently making a sound connection, the light from it was ok but a bit momentarily losing it, not to the naked eye though !

£6.84 for the bulb I think + labour, about 5 mins my indy told me !

Malc

8 hours ago, Titch LS said:

I fitted an HID bulb once (unnecessarily as it turned out, I'd borrowed a fuse and later forgot to replace it,--doh!) and they can only go in one way by design. Don't understand the 'upside down' comment.

As you say they're only designed to fit one way.  One possibility is that it was upside down and not laying flat, then just held in by its clips.  In my last LS430 I was flashed (no not that!) by another motorist because one light was too high as the bulb had dislodged itself, presumably because it was fitted incorrectly in the first place, they are a pig to fit if you've never done it before.  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links