Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Two weeks with my NX300h F Sport Nav

Hi folks

I'm continuing to enjoy my F Sport and am gradually getting accustomed to some of the functionality and it's deep menus!

I've mostly been pottering about in suburbia but yesterday had a run up the west Midlands and back from London...fuel economy is just a tad over 35mpg which is very acceptable for a car of this weight.

I have a list of questions that i need to address.... The hard copy manual doesn't give enough info tbh.

you might be able to help...

Is it possible to quickly cancel any TP update that is irrelevant to my journey without switching off the functionality completely?  My Yeti permitted this.

Also... How do I change the Nav clock?...there's no mention of this in the manual....

Got lots more queries too but don't want to wear out your patience.

Looking forward to taking the car to the Netherlands in two weeks....

best regards  Andy

39 minutes ago, Andyml said:

Hi folks

I'm continuing to enjoy my F Sport and am gradually getting accustomed to some of the functionality and it's deep menus!

I've mostly been pottering about in suburbia but yesterday had a run up the west Midlands and back from London...fuel economy is just a tad over 35mpg which is very acceptable for a car of this weight.

I have a list of questions that i need to address.... The hard copy manual doesn't give enough info tbh.

you might be able to help...

Is it possible to quickly cancel any TP update that is irrelevant to my journey without switching off the functionality completely?  My Yeti permitted this.

Also... How do I change the Nav clock?...there's no mention of this in the manual....

Got lots more queries too but don't want to wear out your patience.

Looking forward to taking the car to the Netherlands in two weeks....

best regards  Andy

Not sure on the TP updates as Ive switched it off.

For the nav time go to   menu > setup > general > system time.

• Like 1

Andy, you can bring on the next set of queries now! I had to remind myself of the system time setting and by the time I had Rayaans had posted lol. Can't help with the TP updates either though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well to quote from the Mikado DJP..."I've got a little list....let none of them be missed"

I've ticked some off but others get added.

1 Do I need to do anything about the headlights when I take the car to Europe soon? Will they be shining into the face of oncoming traffic?

2 Is there a headlight leveller for when I'm carrying heavy loads?

3 I managed to set up my 6 favourite FM stations on the presets after a fair bit off faffing and trying to find "top menus" etc but can I save more than 6 favourites and from other sources (e.g. DAB and AM) into the one favourite list? I believe I can ...is this to do with "ensembles" that i saw on one of my forays into the menus labrynth?

4 I haven't used the Satnav (standard version) much yet but believe that saving a current location (eg a pretty picnic spot) into those stored should be quite easy...i hope! I love the fact that it can offer up to three routes to a given destination but haven't sussed out how I toggle between these options yet.

5 what is the green READY sign indicating?

Any help with these will be much appreciated

thanks in advance  Andy

A modicum of help;

1. You don't need to adjust them, something to do with the beam throw I believe. 

2&3. Pass

4. I have the Prem Nav but there is a button "My memory". Select that and you can add either a previous destination or address etc. Re the 3 routes, just select the one you want and that's the route it will take you. 

5. I believe it just means the hybrid system is ready to operate 

• Like 1

Just to add to Davids very comprehensive list of answers : 

1. No need to adjust the lights as the beam is symmetrical unlike some cases where the left beam goes further 

2. The car will automatically level the lights according to vehicle height so nothing to worry about there :)

3. Can't help with this one im afraid

• Like 1

I was playing with the Satnav (non Premuim) and easily managed to specify an address in an obscure Dutch town but when I switched countries to Germany it couldn't find Munich - I even tried Munchen but that wouldn't work either. Do I need spell it with an umlaut as in München? I noticed some strange characters in the left of the display....

Fingers crossed someone knows how to resolve this

Andy 

Dan - thanks for your response. I did try Muenchen but it didn't like that either. Umlaut seems the way forward I think. I'm a great fan of Germany having only "discovered" about 12 years ago. Very civilised and, in spite if it all, very often pro British too. Haven't been to the east really but seen quite a bit from Bodensee up to Lubeck. Love cycling along the German rivers.

Must go to Landshut (my son was born there!), Erding (home of the famous Erdinger Weissbier...lived a mile from the brewery!), Neuschwanstein, Garmish-Patenkirchen, Eibsee...

Been to all of those with exception of Neuschwanstein (future trip). I remember a delightfully baroque conditorei in Landshut which served Lufthansatorte!!! (I'm ex BA). Don't have any specific plans to go to Germany yet but I'm sure I'll get there before too long.

• 2 weeks later...

Still very much happy with the Sport Nav - easily getting high 30s mpg which Is impressive I think. This dropped on the motorway route to here in Holland and range isn't quite what I'd hoped....otherwise very satisfied.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goggy said:

Yes, a very nice photo that, in fact both are, but somehow the B/W one captures the mood. 

Alec, time for a trip to specsavers, they are both colour 

:smile:

• Like 2

Haha, so they are. I missed the little bit of green grass and the blue GB on the plate. Funny thing is I am not colour blind, in fact I score high on that. My only excuse is, it is almost B/W. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments guys...in truth the image had been edited for dramatic tone and had very little colour left. The weather has been really grim here this week and I hope the image captured that!

The funny thing is now I see the colour it makes it seem even more dramatic. You should send it to Lexus, they may make use of it which would be great, and profitable. :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links