Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS 400 1998 Windscreen Replacement.

I have been battling for some time to have my windscreen replaced, which was replaced 18 months ago as it had a large stone chip in it then.

After washing it a few months back I noticed there were two leaks on the drivers side of the screen I found the invoice and phoned the number for warranty work only to be told that the people I had rung were AA Windscreens and not AA Windshields who originally replaced the screen. I discussed at length with several people that it wasn't a coincidence that this new company was given by pure chance the telephone number of an old windscreen company also with a name so close to the original name you have to be the same company. I asked them what had happened to the old company and they just denied all knowledge of it. So in between my discussion with them and my insurance company I eventually find out from my insurance company that AA Windscreens bought out AA Windshields. Hey Presto! She said she shouldn't have told me that. 

So its back to AA Windscreens and this time I will talk to no one other than a supervisor. After a 30 min wait I eventually get one, I explained I am well aware that they bought out AA Windshields and that they just cant lie to historic AA Windshields customer just to get out of their obligations under the warranty.

Today two Technicians in two vans turned up and an hour later its all done. He explained that the person who had fitted the screen before had not made sure that the adhesive was in contact properly with the screen and after a while with fluctuating temperatures and obviously the movement while the car is being driven opened up what little seal there was and started too leak.

Its a joke, the TV is flooded at the moment with how bad it is for insurance companies with "crash for cash" and fraudulent "Inflated Insurance Claims"  and that they have to pass on all this fraud costs to us by way of higher premiums, like if all fraud was stopped today across the world our premiums wouldn't be so high in fact they could go down, Like hell, it would just end up in their pockets with even fatter profits. Strange though how they dont mind fraudulently lying to customers just to get out of their legal obligations, but that's somehow OK.

Any way if you have the same problem don't give up just keep on digging and cheers to the young lady that gave me that important snippet of information. End of rant. Mike

• Like 3

..........  maybe I think I would complain to the insurance company and the insurance ombudsman, if there is one, about this attempted fraud on you........  to the papers too and to the AA who give their name to the business.

That's if you have the stomach for an uphill struggle, that for which you will get scant reward if ever of any moral satisfaction...............  especially as they did eventually re-repair their fault.

The world we live in doesn't create the environment for consumer satisfaction on moral grounds.

My rant over too, I would be livid and complain to my MP  .................  what a joke that would be too.

Malc1

• Like 2

I was thinking of most actually  .................. paying lip service to constituents woes and not being able to do anything really !  or am I doing them an injustice ?

Malc1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links