I put this together from all the scrap pieces of paper that I had written on and thrown in the service manual. Just throught I'd share - some may be interested.

Next car I get, I'll include tyres and others like bulbs, etc. Also, I'll track costs too.

598300df6700d_LexusHistory.thumb.png.fdfa0d56ec27d16ad2a40f799d542c34.png

• Like 2

That is very interesting, nice one. :thumbs_up:

You have done a lot of miles in it, and apart from the odd niggle, it seems to have done alright.

Perhaps this will be a good reminder to other to clean their EGR Valves more regularly.

Do you plan to keep it much longer?

Edit: Having thought about it, I am also the 2nd owner of mine and I have what I think it all the paperwork, so perhaps I should do something similar.  I would have to become much less lazy though. :smile:

• Like 1

Also grease the caliper slide pins regularly Before they sieze.

• Like 3

Just now, Texas said:

Good point :smile:

Yeah, I honestly don't feel it has let me down. I like working on it too so that helps. 

To be honest, I do love the car but it's over 7 years since I bought it so I'm itching to upgrade. 

Looking at the GS450H 4th gen at the moment (F Sport, Black on Black - only one available currently) - finances dictate that it could be another few months before I can afford it though!

2 minutes ago, Texas said:

As you can see, I learned that the hard way! 

7 years is a long time to have one car, so I don't blame you.

Although, whether it be 7 years or 7 months, as much as I love my car I would swap it in a heartbeat for a GS450H F Sport. :smile:

I sat in a new GS300H Premier yesterday and was very impressed.

• Like 1

I have had 3 new calipers fitted by Lexus in the last year, so it is definitely worth the time to get the greased up regularly.

I would do, but since I have an extended warranty, they keep replacing them before I get a chance. :smile:

40 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

7 years is a long time to have one car, so I don't blame you.

Although, whether it be 7 years or 7 months, as much as I love my car I would swap it in a heartbeat for a GS450H F Sport. :smile:

I sat in a new GS300H Premier yesterday and was very impressed.

I've recently switched to a GS 300h Premier from an IS220d SE-L MM. Best thing I've done. Loved the IS but the GS is progress in all areas.

• Like 2

I did say black on black was what I'm looking for but this is just stunning!!!

598329f617152_GS450HBlue2015.thumb.jpg.193d940b967e9e01e9a19e1848f3d452.jpg

• Like 1

I've had my January 2007 IS220D since new too...250,000 klms currently.  Kept EGR clean every 15k klms and ALL filters and oil changed at the same interval.  Changed brake pads once at 180k klms even though there was plenty left...

Kept a record of every litre going in and have an average is 6.4 ltrs per 100klm    44 mpg...BEST CAR I've ever owned by a mile. (previously Mercs).

Now I am changing ...going for NEW Model 2018 BMW X3...never owned a BMW!  

Never owned a 4 x Wheel Drive either! 

Main Reason (s)...We're both retired now and modern saloons are quite low for getting in and out of....plus a bucket list re: 4x4 & BMW...usually keep my new cars from start to finish and well maintained. Probably my last purchase!!!