Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Car Do I Get Next ?

MrADeveci

What would you recommend / suggest ?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What would you recommend / suggest ?

• Another IS200 SE (goto be auto)
    • An IS300 (with styling kit)
    • GS 300 Sport
    • Another brand (please suggest)

Tracker is effective, but not always. The night my car got jacked the weather prevented the police helicopter (it was raining ??) so they could not pursue despite me notifying Tracker immediately. They had to rely on the in car units to locate the car, which as it happened had been abondoned half a mile down the road.

Another point on Tracker. Do you really want a car back after it has been stolen? I somethimes think I'd have been happier never to see my again. The hassle getting it back, and then the way it doesn't feel the same....

Tracker is effective, but not always. The night my car got jacked the weather prevented the police helicopter (it was raining ??) so they could not pursue despite me notifying Tracker immediately. They had to rely on the in car units to locate the car, which as it happened had been abondoned half a mile down the road.

Another point on Tracker. Do you really want a car back after it has been stolen? I somethimes think I'd have been happier never to see my again. The hassle getting it back, and then the way it doesn't feel the same....

That's bery true ..... even Lexus said to me yesterday .... it's better to just get GAP insurance .... coz he said "at least you'll get your money back, would you really want your car back?"

cant you get a company car  :huh:

one with blue lights - and a big sign down the side that says ..... "working for a safer london"

err ... not quite :D

You wouldnt get car jacked again tho :lol::lol:

IS300 mate :winky:

cant you get a company car  :huh:

one with blue lights - and a big sign down the side that says ..... "working for a safer london"

err ... not quite :D

You wouldnt get car jacked again tho :lol::lol:

IS300 mate :winky:

Yeah thats true- who would want to steal a vauxhall?! :ph34r:

One question, what is GAP insurance?

It's an insurance that's in addition to your normal insurance. It will pay the difference between what your normal insurance pays out and what your car cost when it was new.

So, if your £20,000 car gets written off and your insurance pays out £17,000, the GAP insurance will pay out another £3000.

GAP insurance is usually only available for fairly new cars (usually up to 3 years old I think).

One question, what is GAP insurance?

It's an insurance that's in addition to your normal insurance. It will pay the difference between what your normal insurance pays out and what your car cost when it was new.

So, if your £20,000 car gets written off and your insurance pays out £17,000, the GAP insurance will pay out another £3000.

GAP insurance is usually only available for fairly new cars (usually up to 3 years old I think).

Ahh I see, sounds like a pretty sensible idea. So I take it after 3 years the GAP policy is taken off? I am with elephant.co.uk as they are pretty cheap, but I reckon they don't have this option. There are only a few months left till my IS is 3 years old too :(

back to the subject of what car to get next, i voted for the is300 that was until earlier today when i was checking out eBay and saw the nissan skyline 350 gt import,

now that looks like an amazing car, its the first time ive ever seen one and i think it looks the muts nuts

back to the subject of what car to get next, i voted for the is300 that was until earlier today when i was checking out ebay and saw the nissan skyline 350 gt import,

now that looks like an amazing car, its the first time ive ever seen one and i think it looks the muts nuts

I'd never get insured for it though .... and personally .. i do wanna stay lexi !

back to the subject of what car to get next, i voted for the is300 that was until earlier today when i was checking out ebay and saw the nissan skyline 350 gt import,

I'd never get insured for it though .... and personally .. i do wanna stay lexi !

Yeah in the past i mentioned i wanted one until i realised it was Group 20!! I may have to wait a few decades before I can afford that :(

How's it going sacrface, have you found a car you've set your mind on getting, or are you still looking? I know its early days yet, but hows your wrist, is it getting any better. Hope you don't get put off having another IS as they are really nice cars, and still a lexus

How's it going sacrface, have you found a car you've set your mind on getting, or are you still looking? I know its early days yet, but hows your wrist, is it getting any better. Hope you don't get put off having another IS as they are really nice cars, and still a lexus

Thanks mate ..... my finger/knucle is still painfull ..... and I'm kind of narrowing down my options now ....

Either a IS300 (the way I want it) I.E IS300 Granite Sky, with Sat Nav + Styling Kit

OR

IS200 SE Auto July 2001 on wards .. (dvd nav) - with syling kit, and I'll be adding a supercharger ...... as I wanted more power !

I'm still gonna get lex ..... they can't put me off that easy, only next time I'll be prepared !!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links