Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Could This Solve All The Problems?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't see there being any difference in Amps, theres no need for it.

So there connectors should all be the same.

But i'm sure someone somewhere will have a different Amp.

Knowing me I'll have the only special version hehe... but like u said there is prob no difference i'll tell u on monday then start to get a install together ;)

wires are a waste of money! Ive spent a fortune on silver, yes silver wire for my home speakers, £5 per meter, I had placed it all in the walls and then moved house, bro told me just to use 2 core flex and I did in my new house £0.30p per meter and I cannot tell the difference and i challange anyone to prove me wrong. I dont use cheap speakers either, I have a set of B&W's and there the best for the money I feel.

Try just using 2core flex or any non thin wire and I bet you wouldnt notice anything apart from the extra weight in your wallet

Craig

You haven't taken into account the differing acoustics from one house to the other! How can you possibly say that the cable makes no difference when you changed the entire environment in which the rest of the system sits?

I got decent cable when I recently (well a year or so ago) upgraded my hifi speakers at home. I did a back to back test of 3.99/m cheapo copper bi-wire from Richer Sounds (my old cable) then changed it for QED 25th annivesary special edition cable. Immediately there was a difference, greater clarity in the upper reaches and greater separation in the bass. This is with Arcam Alpha 7 sources, Alpha 8 pre- and power-amps (ie bi-amped), and Monitor Audio S5 speakers, so reasonable stuff to test with.

No offence, but I think the fact you can't tell the difference says more about the listener's ears than about the equipment!! :P

Anyway - seriously :offtopic: now! :)

Mike

fair point but Unless you have done it back to back and go from really crap to really good, wich the aniversary is, you dont notice and in a car the power levels are too low to make a massive difference so all I am doing is warning people not to spend too much on wires thinking it will seriously change the sound. As I said if you swap it dont waste money on really expensive but just get some thicker, tad more expensive wire.

no offence ment to be given and I will take no offence, just my 2p's worth :lol:

sorry :offtopic:

Ive e-mailed the guy aswell about a phono imput like what Prolex was selling he says he should be able to do it. I hope so as Ive been waiting for ages now.

Craig

just want to know after pluging that bypass will the amp still function?

heard ppl said to have the sat nav function original stereo and amp must be present

stereo can be solve by Fargo's bypass but how abt the amp?

heard ppl said to have the sat nav function original stereo and amp must be present

At present no it won't work.

Paul is trying to sort this out with Pete. Guess the only thing to do would be to wait and see.

He was saying it shouldn't be too difficult to do though.

Paul is trying to sort this out with Pete. Guess the only thing to do would be to wait and see.

Just ordered one of these hope it fits, and solves all my problems!!!

Just ordered one of these hope it fits, and solves all my problems!!!

Fingers crossed for you mate.

I remember someone saying about a group buy on this item? any progress made on that front guys :D :question: there is enough of us LOC members buy them so it might justify us asking for a discount for advertising/spreading the word on his loom bypass, :) :)

On the wiring front: I understand the wiring set-up this wire/bypass allows you to do, but will i be able to wire up the back, two 6x9 Subs (bottom speakers) on the shelf with a Rockford Fossgate Amp to give them the additional boost? Thinking that the Kenwood i have ready to install is only 50w x 4 and will struggle to power the door, the rear mids + the rear subs in one go..

Only will buy if this option is available, emailed the guy on eBay but he said that they are not proper subs and hence any Japanese Dec can handle them.. but I have a Kenwood. :o

Cheers

I remember someone saying about a group buy on this item? any progress made on that front guys :D :question: there is enough of us LOC members buy them so it might justify us asking for a discount for advertising/spreading the word on his loom bypass, :) :)

On the wiring front: I understand the wiring set-up this wire/bypass allows you to do, but will i be able to wire up the back, two 6x9 Subs (bottom speakers) on the shelf with a Rockford Fossgate Amp to give them the additional boost? Thinking that the Kenwood i have ready to install is only 50w x 4 and will struggle to power the door, the rear mids + the rear subs in one go..

Only will buy if this option is available, emailed the guy on ebay but he said that they are not proper subs and hence any Japanese Dec can handle them.. but I have a Kenwood. :o

Cheers

sure the factory speakers are only 25watt max so no matter what amp u hook up to ther rear subs u wont get any extra out of them. not going to ait for the group buy, not sure when that will happen. no music in thr car at the moment :crybaby:

We were trying to set up a GB but it seems he isn't really interested in doing one. He did say 15% off but hasn't returned any of my emails. Don't know if Paul has made any progress as he was waiting for a response too.

TBH, if your going to the trouble of wiring in an amp, it won't take much longer to change the rear speakers. You'll get more benefit out of new speakers than the OEM.

We were trying to set up a GB but it seems he isn't really interested in doing one. He did say 15% off but hasn't returned any of my emails. Don't know if Paul has made any progress as he was waiting for a response too.

TBH, if your going to the trouble of wiring in an amp, it won't take much longer to change the rear speakers. You'll get more benefit out of new speakers than the OEM.

IF I was to put in aftermarket rear 6x9s more powerfull ones would i require an Amp to run them or woul dthe Kenny Dec handle them?

If i was to install the 6x9 would i require a MDF shelf cutting up, bracket etc.. (remember reading this somewhere) :question:

Which 6x9's would give the best value for money please? :D

Cheers for the advise keep it coming please :D

IF I was to put in aftermarket rear 6x9s more powerfull ones would i require an Amp to run them or woul dthe Kenny Dec handle them?

If i was to install the 6x9 would i require a MDF shelf cutting up, bracket etc.. (remember reading this somewhere) :question:

Which 6x9's would give the best value for money please? :D

Cheers for the advise keep it coming please :D

The Kenny Dec would run them but you would be only getting 50 watts max per channel out of them so no matter how good a set of speakers you get they will be restricted to this. i have a set of pioneer A6911(i think) running off a 900watt amp so they are getting about 200watts each

With my rear speakers i had to cut out and mdf mounting plate so so i could secure them to the rear shelf. The maximum depth you can get away with without hitting the boot bars is 3 inches i think. I used 12mm mdf and made a mounting bracket, easy enough, once you have a jigsaw, have some pics around i can stick up i think.

My connector arrived today so shall have a fiddle after work maybe yay, first time I'll get to hear a CD in my car lol.. & I've had it a year :(

Need to buy a facia as well if it works, money money money :(

Need to buy a facia as well if it works, money money money :(

Facia's on eBay now £19 :winky:

Thats where I shall get it from when i check my headunit works, just need to find time to pull it all apart, it's dark & cold by the time I've finished work normally :(

surely tho you will need to replace the rear speakers else you risk damaging the head unit, due to the om diffrence.. or am i off track ?

more likely the HU will damage the speakers, not 100% sure on that though, just replace them with new ones, problem solved!

I'll let u know if I can the bloody cable ties off so I can get 2 the amp lol

Well as I'm a idiot I ended up just cuttin off the cable tie at the bottom (I dont advise that) & managed to pull the connection from the amp out.Plugged 1 end into my new kit, battered, bruised & dirty I am half way done, just gotta wait for my brother to return which sucks as he has my headunit :(

Lee or Stav where do u feed the new cable to get it into the middle section of the car? I might as well prepare that while I wait...

I'll let u know if I can the bloody cable ties off so I can get 2 the amp lol

Well as I'm a idiot I ended up just cuttin off the cable tie at the bottom (I dont advise that) & managed to pull the connection from the amp out.Plugged 1 end into my new kit, battered, bruised & dirty I am half way done, just gotta wait for my brother to return which sucks as he has my headunit :(

Lee or Stav where do u feed the new cable to get it into the middle section of the car? I might as well prepare that while I wait...

So feed it behind the glove box and then there should be a gap to run it into where the HU is, u might need to pull the plastic dash trim out a bit to fit it through

My rear speakers have been fine so far, but I don't play music loud anyway.

@Chris, as the others have said just tuck it behind the glovebox, use the tie wraps provided. With the center console taken out you can clearly see where you can feed it through. I take it you have the glovebox dropped down/removed.

Hi Lee, thanks for your help as always been workin in the dark yep glovebox off etc... Will take the centre console off 2morrow to check things I'm sure its simple as u said... I tried the CD player & it works very well obviously better if I buy aftermarket speakers but I will try it out properly 2morrow seems great at the moment though...

And I have cd's yay... :D

Thanks 4 the help guys now to order the facia and get it installed followed by amp & sub at the weekend ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links