Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Poss Group Buy On Lpg Conversion

Hi

As most will know I used to work for a LPG fitter, when I left a deal was struck that I would not go into competition with them.... Well they have now decided to go another way and left the door open...

I am at the very early stages of a feasibility study to see if I could get it off the ground....

If I do there would be a large discount for LOC members.....

So watch this space and give me your thoughts.... I will be putting a new thread up about this soon

Pete

Hi Pete

Do you think you will be up and running within the month as I need mine done before 16/12/08 going to the (very Green) in laws in south Germany if I turn up with a 280 bhp 4 litre V8 on petrol, I think I might be in for a divorce.

Ta Mark

Hello Pete

I will hold off for the moment, As I would prefer to trust you with my pride & joy, as you are obviously going to be more enthusiastic about doing a good job, Im sure the outher members will be of the same opinion,

A mate of mine also has a Mk 4 Ls that wants converting, So it looks like you have got plenty enough intrest to get going

as long as the price is competative.

thanks Mark

Mark i may be interested in doing this to my SC430.

I think it may be prudent to see what Pete has to offer dont you, if it does'nt work out we have at least 3 conversions down this way

thanks Mark

Hi

Well what a coincidence, got a phone call today from my old boss..... turned out he just moved premises, the phones were out for a week, and he has a new mobile number...... also the landlord at the old place removed the "moved" sign....

So he is alive and well and still doing LPG, my Prins system runs like clockwork so I haven't had occasion to call on him for ages.

I have asked him to come up with a price for all the above requests.

He has been doing conversions since 1999 and worked for British Aerospace before that, his work is first class. (I taught him all he knows :whistling::whistling: )

I will post some prices up here when I have them...

If anyone has specific requirements then let me know.

Pete

this sounds very interesting mate but just as a rough estimate what sorta prices would we be looking at for a conversion you think? if we can have a decent conversion for around the £1k mark or even lower then I think LOC members will be flying in.

I think a conversion at this price, although possible, would be very basic and come with reliability issues due to having to use cheap parts.... you do get what you pay for with LPG parts..... having said that the prices have dropped a bit lately so you never know....

I might be interested too... Unless there would be any major problems/differences with mine being a GS chassis rather than an LS?

Will not be a problem

Mines an IS so i'm guessing there would be differences depending upon whos got what

IS will be cheaper as you have less cylinders and the front end kits are priced on cylinders not cc's

Hello Pete

I will hold off for the moment, As I would prefer to trust you with my pride & joy, as you are obviously going to be more enthusiastic about doing a good job, Im sure the outher members will be of the same opinion,

A mate of mine also has a Mk 4 Ls that wants converting, So it looks like you have got plenty enough intrest to get going

thanks Mark

He never lets anything but first class work out the door...... Any single point system is prone to backfires, this is nothing to do with the LPG kit but to do with worn or defective standard ignition system, the ignition system has to be maintained in tip top condition.....

I would definately be interested for my Mk1 GS if the deal can encompass all models. I'm doing 40k miles a year at the moment and would certainly benefit.

The 300 engine when in the RX is known for valve seat recession.... but strangely not in the GS.... I thought the engines were the same.... maybe its because a lot of people use the RX for towing.... not a problem though, a flashlube kit (upper cylinder lubricant) can be fitted to ensure valves stay OK.... all other Lexus engines are fine on LPG

I am VERY interested too.

Wish for multi point, a big tank and I am just off M3 J4.

The 400 has bank fireing standard injectors, not sequential, so no great benefit in fitting multi point, I have asked him to price for both... biggest tank will be boot mounted, so you would loose boot space.... spare wheel toroidal keeps boot space....

VERY tempting! Provisional interest here too, despite low usage!

Support your (local) Small business......as I used to say when I had one!

Totally agree Chris... do you want the Lexus doing or that snail thing you own!!!!!

If anyone wants to see the standard that these kits will be fitted see my thread here

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=49175

The only difference between mine and a customers car is that we usually left it up to them to refit the carpet around the gas tank if they wanted to.... we usually just left them out, most people don't care about it, but I was fussey and wanted it to look right... It can be done at the time of fitting but it does take a while to make it look nice so it costs more....

Pete

Hi All

Great site joined today.

Have just bought (last night - in rain, in dark will I ever learn) an LS 400 so stick me down as interested in the LPG group if Pete can make it happen.

Modern system, tank in spare wheel well.

Cheers

Nick

this sounds very interesting mate but just as a rough estimate what sorta prices would we be looking at for a conversion you think? if we can have a decent conversion for around the £1k mark or even lower then I think LOC members will be flying in.

I think a conversion at this price, although possible, would be very basic and come with reliability issues due to having to use cheap parts.... you do get what you pay for with LPG parts..... having said that the prices have dropped a bit lately so you never know....

I might be interested too... Unless there would be any major problems/differences with mine being a GS chassis rather than an LS?

Will not be a problem

Mines an IS so i'm guessing there would be differences depending upon whos got what

IS will be cheaper as you have less cylinders and the front end kits are priced on cylinders not cc's

Hello Pete

thanks Mark

He never lets anything but first class work out the door...... Any single point system is prone to backfires, this is nothing to do with the LPG kit but to do with worn or defective standard ignition system, the ignition system has to be maintained in tip top condition.....

I would definately be interested for my Mk1 GS if the deal can encompass all models. I'm doing 40k miles a year at the moment and would certainly benefit.

The 300 engine when in the RX is known for valve seat recession.... but strangely not in the GS.... I thought the engines were the same.... maybe its because a lot of people use the RX for towing.... not a problem though, a flashlube kit (upper cylinder lubricant) can be fitted to ensure valves stay OK.... all other Lexus engines are fine on LPG

I am VERY interested too.

Wish for multi point, a big tank and I am just off M3 J4.

The 400 has bank fireing standard injectors, not sequential, so no great benefit in fitting multi point, I have asked him to price for both... biggest tank will be boot mounted, so you would loose boot space.... spare wheel toroidal keeps boot space....

VERY tempting! Provisional interest here too, despite low usage!

Totally agree Chris... do you want the Lexus doing or that snail thing you own!!!!!

If anyone wants to see the standard that these kits will be fitted see my thread here

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=49175

The only difference between mine and a customers car is that we usually left it up to them to refit the carpet around the gas tank if they wanted to.... we usually just left them out, most people don't care about it, but I was fussey and wanted it to look right... It can be done at the time of fitting but it does take a while to make it look nice so it costs more....

Pete

Hi folks.

As Pete isn't setting up on his own & is up by Hull,

I will be having a meeting with a converter on Friday in the Romford Essex area.

He will be willing to give a decent discount for a group buy, & uses Dutch or Italian stuff for the important components.

he would prefer to fit sequential systems, for people with little or no mechanical knowlege, due to the possabillity of backfire on the indution systems. (if the filter is blown off he doesnt want people running around with no air filter connected). saying that he will fit an induction system if you want, ( Its what I will go for as I have a ls400 which runs fine on them).

He has put a bit of a spanner in the works, as He is currently testing a hydrogen fuel cell or (HHO BROWNS GAS) conversion on his own car, and will have the economy/pollution results next week, this system is a lot cheaper & is simple to fit ( I am very sceptical about it though) I have looked it up on the net, & it seems to work, & also from riding motorcycles I know that they perform a lot better on a crisp summers morning with a bit of moisture / mist in the air. I also drive trucks which have an add blue system ( which ive been told is cows urine) for better economy & lower pollution (also used on the new VW Polo)

Pete have you had any experience with this system.

So if any of you are intrested give me the details of the conversion you want

Car

Type of tank

Type of conversion single(induction) or multipoint(sequential)

And I will get you a price

Thanks Mark

"VERY tempting! Provisional interest here too, despite low usage!

Totally agree Chris... do you want the Lexus doing or that snail thing you own!!!!! "

I know you'll be sad to hear that I've SOLD the S-Cargo (Snail van) now!!!! (for same price as I paid 7 years ago!) :whistling:

On same principle......Roll up! Lexus Ser 4 for £8K, anyone?

Now -get ready to wince!! - use Carole's 1400cc Micra (in Flip-flop paint with air-con etc!!)about town. Well, a car's a car?

With interest rate cut drastically (my income has dropped by 25% as a result! - no pension or income otherwise!) looking for any savings. (Grow own veg, etc!)

All contributions welcome......

Have a good weekend; keep up the good work.

"VERY tempting! Provisional interest here too, despite low usage!

Totally agree Chris... do you want the Lexus doing or that snail thing you own!!!!! "

I know you'll be sad to hear that I've SOLD the S-Cargo (Snail van) now!!!! (for same price as I paid 7 years ago!) :whistling:

On same principle......Roll up! Lexus Ser 4 for £8K, anyone?

Now -get ready to wince!! - use Carole's 1400cc Micra (in Flip-flop paint with air-con etc!!)about town. Well, a car's a car?

With interest rate cut drastically (my income has dropped by 25% as a result! - no pension or income otherwise!) looking for any savings. (Grow own veg, etc!)

All contributions welcome......

Have a good weekend; keep up the good work.

I'm interested in this project too!

Funny thing was the other day I went to my local filling station and the owner said " is that a 3 litre?" no I replied 4 litre.

"Oh I had my Laguna converted to LPG" and this is the guy who OWNS a petrol station!

BTW Chris I can offer you 5 beans for the LS ( I will throw in the Beanstalk and the Giant!) Please let me know asap as one is beginning to germinate. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All

Finally got a price for a group buy on LPG conversions, the installer has 20 years experience. he recomends a multi point (sequential conversion) but will also fit a single point (induction conversion)

for a group buy 5 or more with any type or size of tank.

8 cylinder conversions

£800 all inclusive for an induction system

£1800 all inclusive for a top quallity sequential conversion 8 cyl, less for 6 & 4 cyl cars

includes certificate & inspetion / adjustment after first 1000 kms

he will require a £300 deposit for each conversion

the converters are in Romford Essex

contact me if you are intrested

thanks Mark

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links