Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rotational Buffer Complete Waste Of Time & Money

So after watching some videos on youtube an having been sold the dream I purchased a £30 rotational polisher from eBay. And wow what can I say, a complete waste of frikkin' time and money. It was so much more time consuming that I decided to give up and polish by hand again. It was a 10" polisher designed to cover a large surface area but because of the cars curves it actual took twice as long and didn't even lift off all of the polish. It will be chucked on the tip Sunday, anyone else tried one of these?

Yea was a blue one with two handles, it goes around quick hen to put your hand on it but when it touches the bodywork it's shocking, couldn't even lift off the wax. Gave up and completed by hand. I am tempted to give negative feedback because it literally doesn't do anything to the paint.

lol - I work nights! Well work a tiny bit and look on the Lexus forum :P - I will try my luck, I just heard that years ago they would use an actual drill with the pads on and it would come up with a mirror shine, might have a look at the Meguiars one mentioned above.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that the cheap ones are terrible. But if i were you I'd go for one which is dual action. Less chance of burning the paintwork. May I suggest the kestrel das 6 - read some reviews, excellent piece of kit and can be had for around 80 quid

We've had a Sonus Porter Polisher for about 8-9 years now. It has random orbital action & variable speed control and has always done what it says on the box & comes with different grades of foam pads for each step and has definitely been worth the money :)

Do these machines actually deliver a good shine?

If so I would buy one in the morning - let me know!

Personally I currently treat my car with a hand wash and wax whenever I can.

Funny enough, although I hate when it rains, when it does, it helps to show when the next wax and polish is due.

Keep on reviewing guys!

I bought a random orbital one for £14 from Makro...it works fine....but only after I got a good 10" microfibre pad for it (elasticated). Works superbly....Just done my new motor (Carlack68 - Klasse_ Sealant glaze (which is a pig to remove)) and managed it within one hour!!

Then applied 2 coats of P21S pure Carnuba (24 hours apart) and the car looks amazing!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links