Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Economy Is Good!

You've done well. The Lexus was not meant to be driven as an economical car, but there is sufficient proof that if you wish to drive the car In a delicate manner, even with town driving, that 30MPG is achievable. But the power when you accelerate hard is addictive. This week I'm just hoping I can get over 400 miles out of this tank. I may not do it for the first time in a while. . . . .

Check my fuelly. I've got 468 twice. They are my best results 33.5MPG and 33.4MPG. They were the last two weeks. I'm on 340 at the moment and hoping to hit 430, maybe even 440 this week, but I've been enjoying the throttle too much this week! Lol.

Yeah, the IS has gone as of past Friday. I was going to keep it but there's just too many cars on the drive.

Beautiful looking car it was though! Couldn't really get on with the discomfort of it.

Went to see a 93 Aero HOT vert Saturday night but the engine was knackered so I was left with no car so bought an SE turbo last night. F10 is turning up next week so the drives are full again....

I might get another IS next time we get some snow. I had fun!

• Like 1

Just saw you sold you IS ray. Let us know how you get on with the Saab, linky to some pics too, i like a nose even if its not a Lexus :whistling:

and your getting a BMW F10 also?

so whos taken the Lex off your hands? it was a very fine example you had.... and did you ever end up fitting the navi btw? and were you coming to the meet on Sunday?

Hi Pete,

Only have one picture from when I picked it up and still mucky. We're coming back that Sunday so it depends on what time we get out but I'll try and nip round for the meet for a short while.

The F10 is an unrecorded write-off. I think it'll sell in bits. It certainly wouldn't be a keeper. I don't spend lots of money on cars. They just depreciate and your money is gone. I just drive cheap bangers.

The IS has gone to Birmingham and might pop back up here. Bloke's called Alan.

The Saab is not a keeper neither I think as i really want an Aero but they don't come up often so this will do.

I'll get some pictures when we get back next week.

file_zpsa3467994.jpg

Sorry to hear the lex has gone Ray, but you have to do what's best for you. Will you still be active on here though? Do hope so.

Have a good holiday fella.

Cheers Ian, Chris.

Yeah, will be staying round and hope to make the meet and otherwise the next meet. They're lovely looking things and it would be ace to see 22 of them lined up! B)

Ian, the black pillar plastics and the black parcel shelf I bought of you a while back can be picked up free of charge if anyone wants them. Not trying to sell them bypassing Gold, just offering them free if that's OK. Must be collected though. Oh and the black carpet you gave me too.

Glad to hear that Ray, will be nice to see new car. Regarding plastics i would post them in here...

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum/73-swap-shop/

but just put free to collector in title...thought we had a freebie section but can't find one.

So you managed to sell it pretty easily then, thats good. Just out of interest what did you use? autotrader? as im emigrating end of this year will need to sell mine quickly in a short time frame. not sure if autotrader or the LOC will be the best bet

I wouldnt call you cars bangers! i wish there were more ppl like you tbh, i mean look at what amazing motoring you can buy for not alot and sooo many ppl are going out and buying bran new Honda Jazz's, Kia Picanto's and all that crap. anyway rant over. let us know how it compares to the IS, im a car lover in general and wont be offended...

And i was going to say, why not the Aero, but yeah they are pretty rare, when you do though just make sure its in blue ;)

The blue that you can get the Aero's in is very similar to the Lexus blue so very nice. I looked at a black Aero which was lovely but something wasn't quite right with the engine. I know quite a bit about these and had a 900 vert before. This 93 I have now has a couple of issues I need to sort but I got it very cheap. Only has 51K on B)

Not really comparable with the IS but here goes

Plus points on the IS

6-speed manual box VS 5-speed manual

Better handling. The 93 is a bit of a wobble barge with no roof

Simplicity makes it easy to work on

I don't think they can break down?

4-doors. Definitely better with two kids!

Lexus manufacturer hasn't gone bust :lol:

Plus points on the 93

Full leather on any model

Fast as F (this is a 2L Turbo 185BHP) The Aero HOT is 210BHP

Solid build quality + little things like gas struts on bonnet and boot etc.

Full OBC showing everything and bits that I don't even know what they are :blink:

Insurance is £295 compared to £456

36+ MPG rather than 18-22MPG

I put my IS200 on eBay and it was sold within a day. 2001 Y-plate Sport 98000 miles and I stuck it on for £1595

I never paid more than £2500 for a car hence calling them bangers.... I had some nice company cars but they weren't mine obviously.

I was going to ask about them as well Ian... Was waiting till I had a bit more money to make an offer! Skint after today's spending spree :lol:

tell you what Chris, ill swap you mt 4 5 spokes with nearly new tyres for your aeros, then you wont have to spend £300 refurbing them and you'll have winter wheels. :whistling:

Winter wheels are in the shed. I paid £160 for the tyres and £80 for the alloys.

alloys are not upto scratch but look OK from a distance.

Not sure wether to scrap the alloys and keep the tyres and get some Merc alloys to stick them on and keep it as a winter set for the misses. 1 tyre needs replacing as it has an egg on inner wall

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links