Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Apexi Throttle Controller With Harness

Hi Guys,

This is the throttle controller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-Lexus-IS-F-ISF-Apexi-SMART-Accel-Controller-Throttle-Control-W-Harness-/271132658711?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f20c40c17&vxp=mtr

Works out around £165 each (adding delivery etc).

Can see if we get a bit of discount for a few of them?

List I know so far:

-stuno1

- Roheel

- Sim(tbc)

I'm heading over a week this Monday. May be able to get these delivered in time for me to bring back?

Would need to order tomorrow though.

Let me know chaps.

Can give bank details for wire transfer if interested.

Cheers.

Peter :)

Still waiting to hear back from them on whether we can get any discount for buying more than one of these.

It's very doubtful I can get this organised before I head out to the States on Monday I'm afraid guys. :(

I've got a friend from Texas heading over in early October though? Would give everyone plenty of time to save some cash up for one of these?

I think we could probably do with at least 5 orders if we want a good discount?

Will let you guys know when I hear from the seller.

Cheers.

excuse my lack of knowledge on the Apexi thottle control kit but does Lexus not already have this mechanism built into thier ETCS-i hence they have the word i which makes the Electronic Throttle Control System an intelligent one? the thottle responsiveness i get when driving in normal mode compared to when sport mode is activated is very noticeable in that trottle becomes very sensitive and responsive when compared to driving in normal mode which has resulted in me driving in ECT PWR mode all the time so my question is what benefit does the Apexi unit offer over sport or ECT PWR mode? since the diagram test results they have shows test done against Normal mode but not sport or ECT PWR mode..

Hey John,

As others on here can now testify to having driven my Apexi equipped IS-F on the rolling road day at AMD, the controller does a different job to the sport/normal/snow settings.

I use the Apexi on the red setting, which is their race/highest sport level. This allows me to get much quicker throttle response with minimal pedal travel.

As you drive along in normal mode, the pedal travel and response is quite significant. If you go to sport mode, this changes significantly, but in a more aggressive manner than with the throttle controller.

I'm also seeing better fuel economy from using the Apexi than I do with the sports mode on all the time.

Others mentioned this was a middle ground between the normal and sport modes.

Hope this helps.

:)

sounds like a good mod if its more responsive than that of what sport mode generates.. reason why i asked was i find sport mode really responsive when coupled with M mode. and any thing more might just result in the tyres breaking traction/wheel spin due to soo much torque coming in all at ounce instead of it being delivered in a linear fashion as speed builds with throttle travel which can sometimes result in the car being quite difficult to control during cornering whilst opening throttle as it becomes over sensitive. but hey i haven't driven an IS-F before or one fitted with the Apexi kit so cant really say how much of a benefit it is over sport mode lol... but if you do then its def money well spent.. :)

Right guys.

They will give us a 10% discount if we order at least three of these.

Handy then that three of you want one so far! ;)

Anyone else interested??

I won't be able to bring these back with me next week unfortunately (did try before when you guys said you weren't worried about getting a discount, but they don't have these in stock at the moment), but have a good friend coming over at the beginning of October.

If you are all still good to go with this, I'll give you my bank details when I get back from my trip next week.

Let me know.

Cheers.

Right guys.

They will give us a 10% discount if we order at least three of these.

Handy then that three of you want one so far! ;)

Anyone else interested ?

Yes please I will have one as well.

Malc

Got it Malc. :)

Will be in touch after I get back from the States guys.

Can probably handle 5 if anyone else is interested?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Last call to get in on this group buy guys. :)

Know we have a few newbies that have joined this exclusive club recently! ;)

I'll be placing the order through my buddy in Texas tomorrow.

I've provisionally asked him to buy 5 of these. If anyone else wants one, need to know asap!

I'll get bank details out to you guys shortly (not a huge rush, guy is coming to the UK in early October. Just need to get the dollars sorted out before then).

Cheers for now.

Pete :)

Hi chaps.

Right, rather than wait for my buddy in Texas to get these over in October, I've managed to get Paul Whiffin to source these for you.

They are now added to the shop website: http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/apexi-smart-accel-controller.html

You'll also notice the price is actually better than the US one I found. ;)

Factor in you have UK warranty if there was any issues with them. :)

Easier for you to buy through Paul, and I can save the favour for something else! Lol.

Cheers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links