Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H Pulls Right Accelerating?

Just noticed that if I accelerate RX400H wants to pull right... otherwise seems it keep road normally If I hold my steering wheel normally I hardly can notice it but I if I release it is noticeable, so this pull is minimal and even not noticeable if I keep steering wheel normally with both hands... Anyway it indicates some problem which can become maybe even bigger in future, what would be possible causes? Front tires are different brands and thread in right seems little bit less maybe 1-2mm I think it could be possible cause and change them anyway soon, but what else could be wrong in worst case scenario?

Check simple things first.

Tyre pressures would be top of list, I think it's 32psi front and back so stop at a petrol station or use a portable air compressor and see if they are all OK!

• Like 1

Front tyres being different is a complete no-no! Now its not against the MOT or anything but it does give rise to problems.

It could be due to the difference in drag between the tyres. Itll pull right if the drag on the right tyre is greater. Could also be tyre pressure but unlikely.

Worst case scenario is play in the steering rack but I doubt it. Just replace the tyres, itll go away

I always have to remind myself that the ONLY thing between me and the road are the tyres.

If in doubt, swap them out.

To hammer the point made by Rayaan: never ever have different tyres on the same axle. Your rear tyres may be different to your front ones, but tyres on the same axle must be the same.

Tyres have different thread, different ratings in the dry/wet/snow etc... in a slippery situation such as greasy road, wet weather, snow, etc, you really do want both front wheels to react in the same manner.

This would need to be verified, but if you were to have an accident and an insurance assessor was to notice you have different front tyres, you may give them an excuse for not paying out.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links