Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've just been to the Lexus web site and entered my reg in the recall check and it indicates my car is listed for a recall.

It's an 08 GS450h SE L

Does anyone know what it's about and is it possible that it's already been done?

There was an indication this week that a recall was about to happen with Toyota / Nissan and another foreign make due to possible issues with the airbags for cars manufactured between 2002 and 2008

I am not sure if a recall for Lexus would be issued from Toyota itself?

But if it is and it is for the airbags then considering the IS has 8 air bags then its going to be an expensive recall for them I think.

There is a current recall for some Lexus models for a fuel pipe issue but I am not sure which models

I know there was a recall for valve spring failures a while ago. I have a full Lexus service history, so I'm assuming this couldn't have been missed.

I've emailed Lexus because as I've just bought the car, my details won't be on their database.

The only recall I see on the site is for a fuel delivery pipe and its gasket..... I had mine done on my LS600hl last month effects numerous Lexus models gs450h included...... This is a. 3hour job and they put £25 of fuel back into your car as a bonus..... You must have a recall letters of confirmation before Lexus will do the recall.... On the Lexus site put in your reg n vin No and this will let you know if your GS450h is affected.....

Did you buyer off a private seller....garage or Lexus dealer..... 3yrs ago I bought a 08 GS450h SEL from a garage in Bournemouth and Lexus contacted me on something unrelated to recalls so they have a way of knowing who owns it if a recall is called..... Think you will find the vosa (or whatever there called know) are involved when recalls are announced and will get details via dvla

..... Just phone up a Lexus dealer and inquire about recalls and the ball will start rolling from there plus they'll ask for your details and will be logged on their database

I contacted my local Lexus dealer when I first bought the car for printouts of the full Lexus history.

Since then, I have had 2 recall notices for the fuel pipe.

As long as your local dealer knows who owns the car, you should get the letter. Just give the service department a call.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I can recall (Excuse the pun) there has been 4 recalls on my 2006 GS450H As follows:

Valve Springs

Rear Calipers

Tow Bar

Fuel Pipe and gasket.

Mine doesn't have a tow bar and I have now given up calling Lexus to tell them that but the others have been done as far as I am aware.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links