Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well, my mate who has a GS bought some deflectors and on the instructions it stated 'please consult your Lexus dealer' on how to fit them. As he was taking his car into Lexus for some work he thought he would ask them to quickly fit them for him (assuming it would be a quick 5 min job for them and may even fit them for free or for a small nominal fee).

Anyway, they fitted them and then charged him........

£39.75 + the dreaded VAT :o

What a flaming rip off. :angry: I would have just told them to take them off. I personally would have refused to paid that absurd amount.

Why was the cost so high??? :blink:

How long are you going to the continent for?

Its just that I went for a day trip to Calais on Sunday and they said if you are staying around the Calais area just for a day or so, its not worth putting them on. If you are staying for a week or so and going away from the port areas you should.

Thanks Jimmy....

We're going for 5 days so we would need them on.

....but 40+ quid to fit :o I can't get over it....

Halfords didn't have any when I looked, so I bought them from Lexus. Seems strange that the ones that Lexus supply tell you to consult your dealer for fitting instructions. Maybe they have an 'arrangement' with Lucas or something... :whistling:

All that is visible on the light itself is 2 little circles, so I didn't fancy making a guess. I will be certain to ask them for a quote next time before getting small jobs done.

Anyway, I know how to fit them now. If anyone else wants any fitted, I'll do them for £20, and If they are LOC members, I'll even knock the VAT off. That's less than half of the Lexus main dealer price. Bargain. :lol:

Anyway, I know how to fit them now. If anyone else wants any fitted, I'll do them for £20, and If they are LOC members, I'll even knock the VAT off. That's less than half of the Lexus main dealer price. Bargain. :lol:

I'll do it for £19... :P :P :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links